Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Jan 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #333 of 355
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQumEOGU1Do     especially at 1:50 on

you guys dont find listening to the first song incredibly sibilant? is it because of my cheap speakers or my super sensitive ears?? but even when i downloaded it onto my iphone its still very sibilant! i bought the x7is from futureshop and still have the same problem....

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #334 of 355
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQumEOGU1Do     especially at 1:50 on

you guys dont find listening to the first song incredibly sibilant? is it because of my cheap speakers or my super sensitive ears?? but even when i downloaded it onto my iphone its still very sibilant! i bought the x7is from futureshop and still have the same problem....

yea I think they added something high-freq through out the song and mixed a lot more of it during GD's part

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #335 of 355
Don't know about anyone else but the included tips with the x10's were giving me real hassle, particularly the right.  The medium size made my ear hurt like hell after an hour or so (as I wear the iem of choice most of the day this was unfortunate), the small made my ear irritable, the large was ok for longer periods but still ended up irritating.  Even the double flange ones were no use.  So I stuffed a pair of complys that I had lying around.  Results are early but positive.  Only thing is complys tend to make my ears itch after a while!

Cheers

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #336 of 355
I've never had any discomfort from my X10s using the largest silicone tip Klipsch provides.  Quite the contrary, I find the X10s to be so comfortable even for extended periods of time (5-7 hours).  In fact, that's one thing you hear about the X10s is how comfortable they are.   It's a mystery to me how a pliable silicone tip could hurt you that much.  Maybe you're allergic to silicone?

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #337 of 355
Personally, I use the medium default tips that came with my X10s, the seal is wonderful and they are generally very comfortable. BUt after 2-3 hours it just barely starts to hurt, I dont mind though and generally just keep them in.

I am planning to buy either some Shure Olives or Comply Foam Comfort tips for mine, just to gain the added comfort.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #338 of 355
which comply model is best for the x-10s i noticed there are a few models.. also what sizes are you guys getting - are they pretty comparable to the sizes that come with the klipchs or do you suggest getting the multi size pack and trying them all..

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #339 of 355
The T-100 is the model that works with the X10s. Ive been told shure olive mediums work as well.

Ill be getting just the pack of mediums, I assume since the medium tops that came with the X10s work for me then the medium complys would be best.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #340 of 355
I think the dual-flange tips they come with are the best by far, I've always liked they're tips and they fit better than most other tips I've used.

I'm still really enjoying these very much and still can't get over how good the bass is for a tiny single BA.  Like I said before I get as much enjoyment from the X10 as I do my SM3 and I probably use the X10 more when I'm out than the SM3 because they're easier to use since I don't have to loop them around my ears.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #341 of 355
Yes the Bass is still very impressive, listening to a little Volbeat, the low is punchy, rich and full. I still prefer the highs  of my VSonics but when I want to go low and dark - these are fantastic - very quick on the low end as well. Sound great running through my Headstage Arrow.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #342 of 355
Hey guys, how are the x10 compared to the Shure se215 in comfort and sound? Can get em really cheap closeby, not sure if I want to get them instead of my se215.

Feb 3, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #344 of 355
does anyone know any good alternative to these? i really liked earphones that are small and unnoticeable with similar signature as the x10s good bass and smooth treble

In terms of form factor, I think the GR01 are the closest. But in terms of sound, I think the BA200 is somewhat similar. (But they are not as small) if you're looking for an in betweener the CC51 would be my best bet. Not as small, not as good sounding, but a little bit of both. :)

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #345 of 355
Does anybody know how they sound paired with a portable amplifier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back