Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Jan 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #316 of 355
Well forget that then I don't want a DAP that sounds good with some IEM's and not with others, I think I'll stick with my Fuze and get that C&C BH amp.

But if you amp the C3 with C&C BH you rid of the problem anyway. :wink: Keep it on your cards.

Good source is important!

Plus I think I made it sound a lot worse than it actually is last page.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #317 of 355
has anyone tried the X10s with the audioquest dragonfly? Or has anyone tried the dragonfly, wondering how nice it would be for a portable setup w/my laptop.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #318 of 355
I'm really pleasantly surprised on how good the X10 sounds.  They might be missing some micro detail compared to my SM3 but that's isn't a big deal to me as they still have a good amount of detail.  I love the bass and the mids which are a bit forward and vocals are isolated very well.  They have a very nice soundstage for a single BAimo and just an over all fun sounding IEM and are well worth the $85 I paid.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #319 of 355
I just don't like how fragile they appear to be.  Not sure they are appropriate for everyday use sadly.  Plus for some reason the right side is more uncomfortable then the left for me.

Cheers

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #320 of 355
I don't think they're a fragile IEM at all, I actually think the build quality is very good on the X10 and better than some IEM's that cost a lot more.  Just because they're very small doesn't equate to fragile and the housings a aluminium and the curved relief seems pretty strong, I don't for see any issue with them falling apart like some of the Monster Turbines or the TF10.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #321 of 355
I don't think they're a fragile IEM at all, I actually think the build quality is very good on the X10 and better than some IEM's that cost a lot more.  Just because they're very small doesn't equate to fragile and the housings a aluminium and the curved relief seems pretty strong, I don't for see any issue with them falling apart like some of the Monster Turbines or the TF10.

Had two pairs of turbines and can confirm those pretty fragile IEMs. Sounded great but mine broke pretty quickly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #322 of 355
I've used my X10s all over the place - gym; beach; walking and hiking; gardening - snagged them a few times (damn gym equipment) yanking out an earpiece, and for the more than two years I've had these things, I have but one small tear in one of the cable sleeves that was easily repaired with black electrical tape such you hardly notice the repair.  I'd say that they're not that fragile.  They sound great and are always with me.

I concur that amping helps considerably with sound quality, especially quality of the lower bass frequencies and soundstage.  My X10s are permanently affixed to an RSA Shadow (with the latest Nano).

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #323 of 355
Yeah amp'ing them does open up the sound and adds a bit more rumble in the sub-bass region along with add soundstage width and better depth and the X10 has some height as well but only hear that on certain tracks.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #324 of 355
I'm so surprised that I'm getting about the same amount of enjoyment from the X10 as I do with my SM3 even though the SM3 is a far superior IEM in terms of SQ.  Is there other people that have an IEM they feel like that with that isn't technically as good as one you might use the most but its just as much fun to listen to.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #325 of 355
Quote:
I'm so surprised that I'm getting about the same amount of enjoyment from the X10 as I do with my SM3 even though the SM3 is a far superior IEM in terms of SQ.  Is there other people that have an IEM they feel like that with that isn't technically as good as one you might use the most but its just as much fun to listen to.

Maybe it's to  do with lesser expectations from the iem as well :)  Looking into getting custom tips for mine.

Cheers

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #326 of 355
Quote:
Maybe it's to  do with lesser expectations from the iem as well :)  Looking into getting custom tips for mine.

Cheers

Yeah I wasn't expecting the X10 to sound as good as it does, they're my favorite single BA I've had and I like the HF5, PFE 112, XBA-1 and Heaven IV but there's just something about the X10 I'm liking more than those for some reason.  Oh I don't count the e-Q5 and e-Q7 as a single BA because they're a moving armature which to me is different and the X10 isn't as good as they are.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #327 of 355
If you guy's want to buy just the carry cases and some spare tips for your X10 you can find them on ebay here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=digitalifestyle&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=%09+Klipsch+Headphone+Case&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #328 of 355
hey guys i know ive posted this before, but is anyone else finding these just as sibilant as the s4s? i listened to tracks on youtube such as big bang still alive, one of a kind by gd, and they were quite painful to listen to! the earphones are authentic so i dunno is it just my ears that are incredibly sensitive?

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #329 of 355
None for me and have had some harsh tracks (the pretty reckless - make me wanna die) pumping through them at high volume. You getting distortion from your source?

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #330 of 355
not sibilant at all for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back