Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Dec 6, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #137 of 355

Quote:
 If only I could get a good seal on the EX1000s. ARRGHHH!

You do realize that they're vented and don't isolate like your other IEMs. They should "sound like" you aren't getting a seal, when in fact you are. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #138 of 355
I'm really digging the X10 at work these days. From someone that enjoy a clear and balanced signature I'm a bit surprise how much I enjoy those Klipsch. The music is presented with a good stage and the imaging is very good and like other mentioned before the bass is so good and refined and the MID is very very good too. I'm now using the small silicone tip because the double flanges were a bit uncomfortable for me. Very happy customer here 
etysmile.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #139 of 355
I never really liked the stock tips with the X10. While they went deep and would just slide in they went too deep for me and for someone like me who is not used to deep insertion outside of customs which is completely different it just is not very comfortable.

However I do enjoy the sony hybrids as comfort is much improved and they also sound good as well.

I wonder if there are other tips that are comfortable for these that other people are using.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #140 of 355
Well I got my X10s a couple of days ago and the good news is I like them. Can't understand why some people were saying they had no bass there's plenty of bass to my ears. I'm going to start doing some tip rolling in a few days and see if I can maybe bring out the highs a small bit more.

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #141 of 355
Just realized that the X10 I received only came with the small square pouch, extra tips, cleaning tool, 1/4" adaptor and plane adaptor. Does any of you got the bigger rectangle pouch with the zip? 

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #142 of 355

Quote:
Just realized that the X10 I received only came with the small square pouch, extra tips, cleaning tool, 1/4" adaptor and plane adaptor. Does any of you got the bigger rectangle pouch with the zip? 

I got everything except the rectangular zip poach. I'm guessing the rectangular zip poach was available when it first came out and Klipish has since stopped providing it. Is anyone else here disappointed with the X10's cable? The cable looks so frail and cheap I wasn't expecting this type of cable on an IEM flagship that has sold on some sites for 300 plus dollars.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #143 of 355
What's wrong with the cable? Just because it's thin and "feels" frail to you automatically condemns the cable to being no good? Shure SE530's cable is at least three times as thick as the X10, and "feels" sturdy, yet a lot of people had cable problems within months. 

Though if you are willing to cut open your X10's cable and compare the innards with that of a pair of $300+ IEM, and post your results to the forums, you are totally welcome to do so. 
ph34r.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #144 of 355
A agree that the cable look and feel cheap. And I get a lot of noise from it too. But they sound so good. Listening to Ottmar Liebert acoustic album One Guitar and it's just a bliss.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #145 of 355
I use a shirt clip and the noise is gone.  And, use these when I work out daily (which is 3-5 times per week) and have had these for 3+ years with no issue.  I also do yard work with them.  They may feel frail but they hold up.  I wouldn't go so far as to say I abuse them, but I use them a lot and don't take extra precautions.

I also have UE superfi 5's and they feel much more robust.  But, no durability difference, at least not yet.  I rarely use the 5's because my ears hurt after 1 hour (which is why I stayed away from the triple fi 10 amazon sale).

I bought the X10's at $94 because the price was so outrageous and now I have a pair for my notebook case (and a workout backup). 

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #147 of 355

Quote:
I got everything except the rectangular zip poach. I'm guessing the rectangular zip poach was available when it first came out and Klipish has since stopped providing it. Is anyone else here disappointed with the X10's cable? The cable looks so frail and cheap I wasn't expecting this type of cable on an IEM flagship that has sold on some sites for 300 plus dollars.

The rectangular zip pouch isn't part of the accessories anymore. The cable is pretty thin and feels cheap, but they probably wanted to keep everything light. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #148 of 355
I bought a second pair of X10s some 6 months or so ago, primarily since I was using my first pair a lot in the gym and I was scared I might break the pair I was using.   I gave the new pair some 300 hours of burn in and now they sit mint in their rectangular box.  On my original pair there is a tear the rubber (?) housing around where the cable and IEM meet - happened to a number of head-fiers-, but a very small piece of electrical tape took care of that.   My X10s have gone through some considerable abuse in workouts and travel over the past 2-3 years and the cable has held up just fine.   No worries for me about how light and flimsy the cable feels and looks.

Great comfort; outstanding bass; good instrument separation and soundstage.   I find the X10s really acceptable for plane travel.  For those who got the latest deal, you were so fortunate!  Good for you!

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #149 of 355

Amazon have them at $119. That is still a good price 
wink.gif

Quote:
I bought a second pair of X10s some 6 months or so ago, primarily since I was using my first pair a lot in the gym and I was scared I might break the pair I was using.   I gave the new pair some 300 hours of burn in and now they sit mint in their rectangular box.  On my original pair there is a tear the rubber (?) housing around where the cable and IEM meet - happened to a number of head-fiers-, but a very small piece of electrical tape took care of that.   My X10s have gone through some considerable abuse in workouts and travel over the past 2-3 years and the cable has held up just fine.   No worries for me about how light and flimsy the cable feels and looks.

Great comfort; outstanding bass; good instrument separation and soundstage.   I find the X10s really acceptable for plane travel.  For those who got the latest deal, you were so fortunate!  Good for you!

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #150 of 355

Maybe Klipsch should update their Website. They are still showing the large case on the pictures.  Too bad because I have one from my Custom 2 and it's a very handy case.

Quote:
The rectangular zip pouch isn't part of the accessories anymore. The cable is pretty thin and feels cheap, but they probably wanted to keep everything light. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back