Klipsch Image (X-10) and Sadness
Oct 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

yunaforever009

Head-Fier
First off, I purchased the Klipsch images after having been unable to find a comfortable IEM. I had spent quite a bit of time thinking that the stock iPhone buds were decent.

...And then I spent the money and bought a pair of the Klipsch. And uhm... I can't go back... it sucks. I love the Klipsch so very dearly. They were absolutely beautiful in sound and they fit my ears really damn well (and they are such a simple fit as well). And then I lost them.

And so... now, before my wallet begins to cry to satisfy my crying ears (the only other portable headphones are the iphone stock buds I have...) does anyone have any recommendations for IEMs that are similar in style (small & comfortable) but are even more amazing in the aural sex department? I am trying to stay under 450/500$. Thanks!

And PS, to all who recommended the Klipsch back in June, best recommendations ever.

Ever.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 12
You know, right after I bought my Sennheiser IE8s, I lost my Klipsch X10s also. I was going to use the IE8s for awhile then switch back to the X10s for awhile and see which I prefered. But alas, fate has decided for me. To me, nothing can match its comfort with sound. While the IE8 sound overall better, they require a very shallow seal to sound good which means it doesnt isolate nearly half as well as the X10s.

I actually could have been happy with just the X10s if I just didn't bother trying to upgrade.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 12
Easy fit = fast fit? If so i guess you don't want around the ear cables. If you would be able to handle that, UM3X is a winner, atleast for as long as it takes to post what music and source you will be using. Isolation a need? I mean.. there's always the modded SR-001. I'd also think about just keeping this money, saving it up and getting a custom. ES3X maybe.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 12
Wait, wait, wait. TWO OF YOU lost $300 earphones? Thats some bad luck, sorry.

Anyway, comfort is a subjective thing. The most comfortable IEMs for me are the Victor FX500s, better than Etys, UEs, and Shures. I'm not sure how they would compare to the X10s, but to me they can't get any better since they don't bother me at all.

Keeping this in mind, the Sennheiser IE8s are supposed to be pretty comfortable though a little tricky to insert. They are also a very good set of earphones, with subwoofer like bass, great detail, and an immense soundstage.

You could also just get another pair of X10s, at that level of performance you won't really get anything decidedly "better", just different or better in other areas.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 12
Well, the isolation is a big factor. I enjoy the isolation that the Klipsch gave me. I can save up for a pair of customs… are they that much better? Like the JH13Pro? The thing about the customs is that I would hate to jeopardize them by using them when I am out and about. (College student) And should I invest in a DAC/Amp like a RSA? I am currently just using headphone out on iphone 3gs and ipod nano. Thanks for your help btw!

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 12
If you like the Klipsch sound, try out the S4. I have tried the Custom 3, X5 and the S4 is right up there with them. They don't isolate as well but it's still decent and much cheaper.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #7 of 12
Well to be fair, I got in on that $175 shipped deal when Newegg was having a massive sale on the X10s. So I didn't necessarily lose $300 but it sure still hurts.

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 12
I haven't heard the image x10s but I believe tstarn06 claimed that the image s4's had pretty much the same sound signature as the x10's and that he preferred the s4's to the x10's because of how much cheaper the s4's were. The s4's do require some burn-in, and they are a little bigger than the x10's since the s4's are dynamic drivers instead of balanced armatures like the x10.

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 12
bit random but I really find it people keep seeming to loose ~300+ dollar head phones/ear buds... if I ever get the money to get something in that price range I'm sure as hell not going to lose 'em.

use them, put them in case, put case in secure pocket, repeat

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #12 of 12
I think that s4 is a good choice too but nothing can replace the bragging rights and good looks of the x10. that said, I owned the X10 for a while but I hated the sound signature of it but s4 seems quite worth it's price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back