klipsch image s5i require burn in...????????
Feb 17, 2011 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

crynetver3

New Head-Fier

hi,
i hope somebody can explain to me as to why i cant hear any difference in sound quality at 192kbps between samsung wave earphones and s5i..??
wave earphones have been used for approx 5 hours and klipsch for around 20-30hrs...??
is burn in required to experience the difference between sound quality of klipsch..??

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 7
Well, there are a couple of possibilities:  1) the Samsung earphones are pretty good; 2) the S5i does not have good synergy with your samsung phone; 4) the Samsung phone does not have a good music player (not enough power to drive the S4i) or, 4) your ears can't hear the difference between the 2 earphones.

Try comparing S5i with the phone earbuds on something besides the phone -- a portable CD player, mp3 player, computer, etc, to see if you can hear the difference, help figure out why the S5i does not sound that good with the fun.

BTW, burning in the S5i (assuming it is the same as the S4)  will take about 20-50 hours to help the bass settle down (less boomy) and the trebles to smooth out (less grainy) -- BUT, it will not be a dramatic increase in sound quality that you can't hear currently.

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanx for your reply
but i tried these earphones and samsung too on my ipod shuffle 3rd gen and dere wasnt any difference...!!!!
And if samsung earphones are really good as you are suggesting dn what is dat klipsch provides at such price ...??
plz help me out i am thinking i made a wrong purchase

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 7
Make sure you're getting a GOOD seal with the Klipsch's.
Get a track by Kyuss, such as "Demon Cleaner" and play it through your Klipschs. If you don't feel the bass in your ear canal, there is likely a poor seal.
A poor seal will result in a less than optimal listening experience. If your seal is bad, try inserting the earphones in SLIGHTLY deeper. Or try a different size set of tips. Or try wearing the IEMs differently, perhaps straight down or over the ears.

I have a set of Klipsch S4's (same as the S5i's, without a mic/remote) and they're amazing for the price they can be found at now. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 7
k... as you suggested i tried d above song beside superman and slim shady by eminen.
Both d songs have good bass(IT SEEMS PRETTY GOOD TO ME SINCE DESE ARE MY FIRST MID END EARPHONES AND CANT COMPARE TO ANYTHING ELSE BESIDE IPOD SHUFFLE CRAPPY EARPHONES)
Anyways at least in bass department the samsung wave 2 earphones are sounding as good as klipsch....
guess free earphones = klipsch image s5i

edit
demon cleaner dsnt sound very punchy first song with which i felt like this....listened mp3 at 128kbps
d earphones seem to fit right....
any suggestions............?????????????

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 7

Impossible. Demon Cleaner is a VERY bassy song, and I use it to test the bass response of all my headphones.
On my Klipschs right now, it sounds like subwoofers in my head (also due to the mastering of the album).
Two thoughts come to mind:
1) Your source files. 128kbps is pretty low. All my stuff is ripped direct from CDs at V0. I'd recommend no less than 192-256kbps, or v2 encoding if you're using LAME.
2) Just because they seem to fit doesn't mean they create a seal. Try different sized tips and adjusting the position of the drivers. It could also depend on the person. For the life of me, I could not get my NuForce NE-8s to create a seal, without Comply Tips (stock tips, shure tips, nothing worked). You might just have a ear canal that doesn't play well with the size and shape of those tips.

Quote:
edit
demon cleaner dsnt sound very punchy first song with which i felt like this....listened mp3 at 128kbps
any suggestions............?????????????

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 7
thanx... tried higher bitrate
got good response.
it seems samsung earphones are pretty good.
finally saw the difference though they too have very good bass.
i am not an audiophile so in basic terms the difference is when you hear drums...
also in klipsch soumd feels as it coming from centre in samsung sometimes it feels like
its coming from sides...
and thanx for replies it helped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back