Klipsch Image S4's Broken - - Need New IEM's/Earbuds for Under $80
Nov 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Nick15

New Head-Fier
After about 4 months of using my Klipsch Image S4 IEM's, they got a nick in the cord and snapped in two. Before I purchased the S4's, I read about the short term life span most people experience with them because of the somewhat cheap materials used on them, but convinced myself that those people must just abuse their earbuds, so I went ahead and purchased a pair. I was very impressed with the sound quality as soon as I first used them. They fit the bill perfectly for what I intended to use them for. I always stored them in their case when taking them places and never tossed them around or abused them in anyway, so I was and still am quite surprised and very disappointed that they broke so quickly. With that out of the way, lets get down to the real purpose of this thread. I am in need of new IEM's and/or earbuds. The price can be no more than $80. The S4's I had worked perfectly when they weren't broken, so I would like whatever IEM's/earbuds you guys recommend to provide sound quality equal to, or if at all possible, better than the S4's. I would like them to also be able to stand up to everyday usage. What I mean is I don't want them to break 4 months later, so I would like good build quality with good materials. Another important thing that I would like is for the new IEM's/earbuds to have a right angle (or close to it) 3.5mm plug. The reason being is because it makes holding the phone they're going to be used in horizontally much easier for things like typing text messages or surfing the web. One important thing needs to be cleared up though. I am not ruling out getting normal earbuds this time (like what's included on ipods), but would rather have IEM's. I would however, consider a good pair of earbuds if they fit what I'm looking for. What ever you recommend, I need them to have a good fit in the ear. The S4's ear tips were oval so they were more comfortable to use, but tended to fall out. They new IEM's/earbuds don't have to have oval ear tips, they just need to be comfortable to wear and not fall out when moving. That's about it really. If you guys have any questions about what I'm looking for, don't hesitate to ask. All comments are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 10
No replies yet!?!?! I know this topic is on here about 500 other times, but come on! Since I posted this I have come across IEM's by the name of a-Jay Three. They look really nice and are exactly what I'm looking for (minus the right angle 3.5mm plug). Any thoughts on these? I really like them, so if you guys give positive feedback on them I will purchase them.

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 10
Hey Nick15, take a look at Joker's Multi-IEM review. You may find it very helpful. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 10
So I took a look at Joker's IEM review and this is what I am considering as of right now.

1. JAYS a-JAYS Three - $60 
I didn't see these in Joker's review, but from the research I've done they are high quality and produce great sound for the price. They also come with a case, two adapters, and changeable ear tips. 

2. Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE - $90
I haven't researched these at all, but according to Joker's review these are excellent IEM's. They are slightly over my budget, but if you guys tell me they're work the extra money then I'll take your word for it.

3. Brainwavz M2 - $60
From what I've seen, people like these IEM's. I've read that they are high quality and produce high quality sound. 

The other IEM that I am considering is the Monster Turbine. I've seen many good things about these, but they are too expensive for me. I would have to buy refurbished off of Amazon, but if enough of you guy's tell me that they're worth it then I'll probably go with these.

Well, those are the best ones I've come across. Feel free to post which one I should buy or recommend a different IEM. 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #9 of 10
If you are happy with the Klipsch S4's, another option is to contact Klipsch and see if they will replace them for you. I used to have those headphones, and when they broke (right driver stopped working), they replaced them for me. I had to remind them to ship out a new pair, but overall customer service (through the manufacturer, not vendor) wasn't bad.

Of course upgraditis is a cruel, cruel mistress. Personally, I've always wanted to try Brainwavz offerings, but I can't justify another headphone purchase for another week or so. Good luck on whatever your decision.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #10 of 10
Well, after exchanging some e-mails with Klipsch and doing a little research on other earbuds, I ordered a pair of JAYS a-JAYS Three off eBay for $60. I read the feedback on them from many different places and decided that they should fit my needs. Looking forward to trying them out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back