Klipsch Image S4i Rugged available in July (with four fresh colors!)
Jun 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Alex L

Member of the Trade: Klipsch

The Klipsch Image S4i Rugged Headphones utilize tough rubber moldings and an all-weather design to protect the legendary Klipsch sound from Mother Nature’s bad side. Neither rain, sleet, snow, nor concrete jungle can stop the award winning acoustics and live music experience of the Image S4i Rugged headphones.

An extra-large, 3-button remote lets you precisely control iPhone calls and music whether you’re wearing bulky gloves or are simply on the go. And while the headphones’ exterior is built tough, these in-ear headphones have patented oval ear tips to keep you comfortable.

Rock the Klipsch Image S4i Rugged earbuds in yellow, orange, blue or red.

AVAILABLE THIS JULY

Features
  1. All weather design resists moisture and functions thru extreme elements
  2. Same award winning acoustics as the Image S4
  3. Ruggedized with tough rubber moldings
  4. X-large 3-button remote for easy control during outdoor activity
  5. Full music + call control on select Apple products
  6. Directional mic for hands-free, crystal clear phone calls
  7. Patented oval ear tips provide comfortable wear for hours
  8. Available in 4 colors (yellow, orange, blue and red)

Additional Specifications

1. FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10Hz - 19kHz
  2. IMPEDANCE: 18 ohms
  3. INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: 4 pairs of different sized ear tips
    Clothing clip for remote + mic 
    Protective carrying case
  4. SENSITIVITY: 110dB

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
What's the difference between this and the S5i?

I too would like to know if there are any differences other than the color?

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 12
It seems the major differences are:

- Different colors - red, yellow, orange, and blue
- Built-in volume adjustment
- Integrated mic
- Finger-friendly rubber moulding
- Apple-friendly commands

My ears aren't use-friendly, so I use Comply tips for better fit and comfort. There's improved bass and musicality using different tips. I'm very interested in the price.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #9 of 12
So looking at the fact sheets, the S4i is significantly lighter than the S5i. I guess Klipsch took into consideration all the complaints people had about the heaviness of the remote and how it would pull down on the earbuds causing them to come out. The S5i will be discontinued, per Klipsch phone rep. The weight of the S5i is 11.9 grams, where as the S4i Rugged only weighs .15 grams. That is a significant different and to me warrants the wait. Plus the colors aren't to shabby either.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
It seems the major differences are:
- Different colors - red, yellow, orange, and blue
- Built-in volume adjustment
- Integrated mic
- Finger-friendly rubber moulding
- Apple-friendly commands
My ears aren't use-friendly, so I use Comply tips for better fit and comfort. There's improved bass and musicality using different tips. I'm very interested in the price.

The S5i Rugged also has/had some of those features, but I/we are glad you are interested in the S4i Ruggeds!

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
So looking at the fact sheets, the S4i is significantly lighter than the S5i. I guess Klipsch took into consideration all the complaints people had about the heaviness of the remote and how it would pull down on the earbuds causing them to come out. The S5i will be discontinued, per Klipsch phone rep. The weight of the S5i is 11.9 grams, where as the S4i Rugged only weighs .15 grams. That is a significant different and to me warrants the wait. Plus the colors aren't to shabby either.

We certainly do listen to our customers! I am partial to the orange color myself.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #12 of 12
I am so excited, I signed up for this forum to let you know I am excited. You should see my two year old S4i's.. they're falling apart but I hung on to them as long as possible (or until I am no longer a broke student), they're wrapped in duck tape haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back