Klipsch Image S4?
Jun 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

epical

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Long time lurker here. I recently ordered Klipsch Image One's from Ebay (refurbished ones that were only $42) and have been greatly enjoying them for the last few hours. Right now for IEM's I have Soul SL99's. They're actually pretty decent, they have great bass and highs, but the mids aren't too great. The main reason I have them is because I got them from my local best buy extremely cheap on clearance. The Image One's seem to be an all around better sound to me (I don't think they have too much bass compared to what others have said), so I'm trying to decide on a new set of IEM's to go with. I'd like an IEM with great bass but also mids and highs that don't suffer from the bass. I also like the sound the Image One's  have because the vocals sound a bit more forward and the instrument separation is really great. 

I'm wondering if I should buy the S4's? Do they sound like an IEM version of the Image One? I know they can be gotten relatively cheap. I've also considered Image X10's and Monster Turbines. There are bunch of Turbine's (regular ones) on Amazon right now for around $60 so that is the only reason I was also considering them.

My main source will be my Galaxy S4 (AT&T version), a Lenovo laptop and ASUS desktop PC. I listen to many different genres, but mainly punk music such as Social Distortion, Off With Their Heads, Face to Face, Bouncing Souls etc, and bands like AWOLNation and Fun as of late (mainly because my g/f hates punk music).

In advance, I appreciate any feedback given. Thank you!

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hello,

Long time lurker here. I recently ordered Klipsch Image One's from Ebay (refurbished ones that were only $42) and have been greatly enjoying them for the last few hours. Right now for IEM's I have Soul SL99's. They're actually pretty decent, they have great bass and highs, but the mids aren't too great. The main reason I have them is because I got them from my local best buy extremely cheap on clearance. The Image One's seem to be an all around better sound to me (I don't think they have too much bass compared to what others have said), so I'm trying to decide on a new set of IEM's to go with. I'd like an IEM with great bass but also mids and highs that don't suffer from the bass. I also like the sound the Image One's  have because the vocals sound a bit more forward and the instrument separation is really great. 

I'm wondering if I should buy the S4's? Do they sound like an IEM version of the Image One? I know they can be gotten relatively cheap. I've also considered Image X10's and Monster Turbines. There are bunch of Turbine's (regular ones) on Amazon right now for around $60 so that is the only reason I was also considering them.

My main source will be my Galaxy S4 (AT&T version), a Lenovo laptop and ASUS desktop PC. I listen to many different genres, but mainly punk music such as Social Distortion, Off With Their Heads, Face to Face, Bouncing Souls etc, and bands like AWOLNation and Fun as of late (mainly because my g/f hates punk music).

In advance, I appreciate any feedback given. Thank you!

S4 is regarded as poor on head-fi. I personally don't like them. X10, on the other hand, is very good. X10 was meant to be an $300 iem, but is being sold for $100. That's a bargain!

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 3
You were 100% right. I bought some S4's from Best Buy and returned them a week later. They also didn't do very well with my Galaxy S4 because of the S4 being a lower impedance.

I did buy the X10's and I really like them. I feel like I'm going to break though, I've caught them on my desk at work a few times.

Thanks for your advice and sorry for my late reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back