Klipsch Image S4 with better build quality
Apr 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

burlak89

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this was already asked before. I'm looking for IEMs with the sound quality of the Klipsch S4's but having a durable build quality. Apparently the S4s rip too easily at the joints in the Y as well as on the earphones themselves. Also, I know that most IEMs suffer from microphonics, so other than using a clip or wearing them over-ear style, is there a comparable pair of IEM that has less of this effect? A reference is I have the Sony MDR-V6 over the ears which I really like. I generally am used to the Sony sound signature, but decided to try something else. Will I be happier with a Sony pair of IEMs? Otherwise what else could be recommended?

Also, I am looking for something at or under $50, and preferably having an angled plug.

Thanks

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 7
The Klipsch Image S5 is the more rugged version of the Image S4.

Also, the new Klipsch Reference S4 has an improved cable over the Image S4.

Both of these should be more durable.

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 7
If you really want the S4, the S5 is probably your best option as mentioned above. I'm not sure where you can get the S4 or S5 for under $50 though.

You may want to check out this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-236-iems-compared-vsonic-gr06-gr01-added-04-19-12

You can see plenty of options for alternatives within your budget there.

May 9, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 7
Haha. Ok I think I'll end my search for now with a pair of Sennheiser CX300ii. I was able to get B&H to price match them with the Amazon price. They're pretty good and it's only $44. Not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back