Klipsch Image S4 vs Ultimate Ears super.fi 5vi
Oct 20, 2009 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rune3400

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i can get these two iem for about the same price. Which one would be the better buy?

I dont need the call function on the ultimate ears, so its only sound quality that counts. Isolations and durability is also something that matters.

There are to use with a cowon s9 + fiio e5

Best regards
Rune

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 7
So the sound quality isn't better in the sf5vi ? The reason i am considering them, is because i can get them relatively cheap. Normally they cost a lot more than the klipsch image s4

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 7
You can get the SF5 for 80$ ?
I haven't heard the SF5, but I've heard some complaints from many here, including some very experienced users, that the cable/amount the pieces stick out is kind of unacceptable.
Sound quality may or may not be better with the S4, but it's quite comfortable. The bi-flanges hurt my ears a LOT, the large ones don't create a seal, and leak a lot of sound, but the small gels are just right.

Amped, you'll probably have more than enough bass on either, but with a Fiio E3, I get a nice, albeit somewhat boomy bass. It's not terribly boomy, but I can see how some non-bassheads might feel that way. Also, you may have to be a little patient with the S4s, because they do require some burn in. I don't think it's bad at all without burnin, but some think that they're bad until 80-100 hrs of burnin.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #5 of 7
Anyone listen to both? The mic in the yoke in my S4i's is kinda bothersome, I see that the Super.fi's have it more by your face...

I am assuming the S4i's have more bass impact, but would be more interested in treble...

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune3400 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, i can get these two iem for about the same price. Which one would be the better buy?

I dont need the call function on the ultimate ears, so its only sound quality that counts. Isolations and durability is also something that matters.

There are to use with a cowon s9 + fiio e5

Best regards
Rune

i have to reccomend the superfi 5 eb as there are my fav iem

Nov 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get the SF5 for 80$ ?
I haven't heard the SF5, but I've heard some complaints from many here, including some very experienced users, that the cable/amount the pieces stick out is kind of unacceptable.
Sound quality may or may not be better with the S4, but it's quite comfortable. The bi-flanges hurt my ears a LOT, the large ones don't create a seal, and leak a lot of sound, but the small gels are just right.

Amped, you'll probably have more than enough bass on either, but with a Fiio E3, I get a nice, albeit somewhat boomy bass. It's not terribly boomy, but I can see how some non-bassheads might feel that way. Also, you may have to be a little patient with the S4s, because they do require some burn in. I don't think it's bad at all without burnin, but some think that they're bad until 80-100 hrs of burnin.

Your description is of the Super.fi 5 Pro or the Super.fi 5 EB, both of which are very different from the Super.fi 5 or Super.fi 5 vi (Super.fi 5 with a mic). The Super.fi 5 is a new iem which was launched after Logitech bought over UE (correct me if I'm wrong) and does not stick out or have detachable cables.

@Rune3400 wouldn't it be safe to say that you can get the Super.fi 5 (without the mic) at an even lower price? It's $20 cheaper than the vi on the UE website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back