Klipsch image s4 vs monster turbine vs monster turbine pro gold?
Mar 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
Out of all of these choices which one has

*The highest quality and most IMPACTFUL bass

*Best sound quality overall

*most comfortable

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 12

Quote:
Out of all of these choices which one has

*The highest quality and most impactful bass

*Best sound quality overall

*most comfortable

For the first two, I'm sure the it'd go to the Golds (based on what I've read from others; I haven't heard any of these IEMs)...  For the third...  Um...  I'll let someone else answer that.

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 12
If bass is all you're looking for, go with the Turbine Golds. Seeing as the UE Triple.fi 10 is also in that budget range, look at those too. They've got great bass punch, and treble, but provide a U-shaped sound signature.

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 12
Having owned all of them, I can chime in.

Monster Turbine Pro Golds. But be forewarned, they're build quality is so-so and their customer service is there but its not good. 

Out of those 3, the mtpg have the higest sound quality and most impactful bass. Also to me, the foam supertips are extremely comfortable and seal very well. 

They are quite pricey though and for the retail price of a MTPG, you can get better iems.

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
Having owned all of them, I can chime in.

Monster Turbine Pro Golds. But be forewarned, they're build quality is so-so and their customer service is there but its not good. 

Out of those 3, the mtpg have the higest sound quality and most impactful bass. Also to me, the foam supertips are extremely comfortable and seal very well. 

They are quite pricey though and for the retail price of a MTPG, you can get better iems.

How does it sound with the gel supertips they provide? which they claim that they make the bass response better or something like that

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 12
The monster tuebine pro gold, though im not sure about the comfort.

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
How does it sound with the gel supertips they provide? which they claim that they make the bass response better or something like that

Yea they claim that gel supertips can give deeper, tighter bass but I found no difference from the foam and gel tips. I honestly think its a personal preference more than sacrificing anything.

I originally planned to use the gel-tips based on what monster claimed but found them to get dislodged much much easier than the foam tips. The foam tips stay sealed and stuck in my ear with long comfort.

Anyways, if you do order the MTPG, they come with a wide array of supertips so there's no sense asking about tips because once they're in your hands, you will have to basically try'em all, lol.

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #12 of 12
I own the Golds and my friend owns the S4's. I would definitely say get the Golds. I'm on my second pair as Monster quality control isn't that great, but they replaced my 1stpair in under a week no problem and I didn't even buy them from an authorized dealer. With this being said, buy them from an authorized dealer. I haven't had any problems with my second pair, but supposedly my warranty on them is now void.

As far as comfort, get a pair of Sony hybrids for tips don't use any Monster tips, except the foams if you want to. I couldn't get any supergel tips to fit so I couldn't comment on those, but I still say go with the Sony's, They're what I use and they're extremely comfortable, much more so than the S4's in my opinion. Also, take into account that the Turbines take some getting used to in order to get a good seal. You shouldn't put them in nearly as deep into your ear as you would with many other iems. You'll know when you get the right seal though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back