Klipsch Image S4 Reception and Questions
Jul 12, 2011 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aznboy1993

New Head-Fier
A week ago I decided to purchase the Image S4 (White) IEM to compliment my iPod Touch 4G 64GB. Upon receiving them and listening to them they sounded "muffled" (the mids and vocals). The bass response is excellent, however. I am going to burn them in with pink/white noise for the recommended 12 hour intervals for ~125 hours, while listening to the intermittently while burning. I did not notice any sibilance or harshness in the highs like stated by some, but I guess that's just my ears. Funny thing is though, I think it's my iPod's fault. The DAC on it is a little dark so I think that might be why it sounds so bad to me. I'm going to be purchasing a Fiio E7 (with the L3 LOD cable) soon and trying it with that. On my laptop (with crappy Realtek onboard) it sounds ok (still some muffling, brighter highs) with Acoustic EQ on iTunes. However, on Foobar I cannot find a good EQ setting (any ideas)? But that's pretty much it, I like them otherwise. Anyone else recommend me do anything to make them not sound so "muffled"?

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 2
I had the S4i for about a year and never had the "muffle" go away--I just got used to it (brain burn-in).  If you look at the frequency graph on Headphone.com you'll see why you'll never really burn away:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back