KLIPSCH IMAGE S4 HELP!
Nov 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gangnamstyle

Head-Fier
Hi guys!

It's been a few months with me being on the forums reading all the posts but not registering an account. So I decided on registering and asking a few questions about my Image S4's.

First of all, I'd like to start with a statement. I know there are probably many threads on Head-Fi regarding S4s, but I have specific questions.

And I'll begin. With a story (oh yay :)

I was on a month long vacation with my family to Indonesia last summer and I brought along my Beats Pro (don't judge me...I don't like them either) instead of using the horrid onboard headset, I used my Beats to watch the movies. Unfortunately, I started off with watching The Avengers (great movie btw!), which was a 2+ hour long movie. This hurt my ears so bad, because if you don't have Beats, they press against your ears tightly. I gave them up and switched to the headset given to me by the airline. 

Once I got to Indonesia, my dad left back to the US. I asked him to buy me some earbuds and send them to me, (because if you didn't know, in Indonesia you can't buy some expensive thing that's not fake, like Beats, Bose, Klipsch, etc.) so even if I did decide to buy them there, it would be fake. So my dad went home and went on Amazon and ordered Klipsch Image S4 (of course, under extensive research for top IEM's under 150$- I was considering Klipsch and Etymotic) and received them just before going home to the US. I was REALLY excited to get those things on my head, because I read all of the positive reviews on the internet. I was expecting stunning quality of music, and when I put them on, I was really disappointed.

The bass was average level, the highs were terrible. I hated the earbuds. Even my pair of Sennheiser earbuds (bad ones) that cost me 8$ on Amazon were better. I was disappointed and I called my dad and told him the headphones sucked. He complained they were pretty good, and I thought maybe I was just expecting super level of quality. But I just didn't see how they could be what many people were saying. 

I tried twisting the earbuds so the tips dug into my head, but all that did was just make my ears hurt (although the sound was better).
I tried using all the tips included with my Klipsch but none of them had that perfect fit.
(Background: I'm 14 years old.) 

So now, I come to my questions.

Do the Klipsch Image S4's sound better with burn in? And if so, what specific areas (highs, mids, lows, etc.) 

How long should I burn them in for? 

I'm considering buying Comply foam tips to improve sound quality. Should I? And if so, which model? 

Thanks so much for helping and reading my mumbling. 

Glenn

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Try using klips dble flange tip and flipping them over ie. Sport mode cable running over ur ears left on right and right on the left ear also make sure line on the tip is lined up with marking on housing. When inserting into ear use slight twisting motion not too deep but angle nozzle almost eye level. I kno i have 3 sets of s4 and sound will depend upon proper seal but i wouldnt say they suck lol also to save you some$$$$$go on amazon purchase sony mh1c live sound earphones for under 30 dollars and ur seach for great sound will be found these iems beat all others in thesub 100 dollar range!!!!!just burn them in about 50 hrs to get the awesome sound they can deliver!!!!!good luck regards.ramm

Nov 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm going to be honest, I loved the signature of the S4s, but they are so very very sibilant. Having those, and comparing them to the M50s and HD 598, I now have sibilance-phobia. Your best bet is to use the Shure olives, some people even claim they increase the bass a bit and reduce the sibilance.

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 4
My personal favorite tips for these are the Comply T500 put on backwards. As for burnin, I don't believe in driver burnin, brain burnin makes more sense to me. I also have never found them to be sibilant, but then again different people using different sources, EQ settings etc etc, will give you different opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back