Klipsch Image s4 Fit/Issues; What next?
Dec 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GBP2k7

New Head-Fier
Greetings All,

A year ago I tried my very first IEM (Sony ex71) and found them to be OK, but all the tips were simply too painful for my ears. I returned them and concluded that IEMs were just not meant for me; I have been using earbuds since.

When I started reading about the comfort technology of the Klipsch s4 I decided to give them a shot.

Right out of the box, I could not get them to fit into my ears (with wire hanging down). I believe it was my tragus causing the problem because I simply couldn't achieve the correct angle. They would sit in my ear, but the slightest pull on the cord would have them coming out of my ears.

SOLUTION:

I tried the over the ear technique with the Medium tips and that solved the fit issue but....they started to hurt after a day. Mostly of the right side, but whenever there was any horizontal pressure or movement to the s4 while it was securely in my ear, it would produce a pain in my canal.

So my situation is this: The touted s4s don't seem to be working for me, and have basically made me give up on IEM. I love the sound isolation of the IEM for commuting purposes (train and bus), but dislike them at work where I have to be aware of people talking to me; obviously I prefer the comfort of an earbud. I only want to sample items from Best Buy as I can easily exchange them if they are uncomfortable. Basically, I am looking for ~$80 options in the earbud range or another reccomendation on an IEM (would the image s2 be different?) I have also been looking at the Yuin OK3 if IEMs are no longer an option.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back