Klipsch Image S3 - experiences
Nov 27, 2010 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bulesz

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I just wondering that I cant find any reliable review about this earphones on the net, only those 2-3 customer reviews at Amazon...

Do you have any experiences with a pair of them?

With the 39 USD pricetag it could be a good choice IF it has a quality sound quality.

(I just ordered a pair yesterday replacing my MEE M9 due its harsh treble... :frowning2:(( )

Anybody? :)

Thanks,
Bulesz

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 12
Unfortunately I can't help, but I'm pretty sure these were just released which would explain your difficulty in finding reviews.  What I do know is that these supposedly use the same drivers as the S2, though the more S4-like housing could possibly alter the sound a bit.

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 12
If these are anything like the S2 like the poster above me has suggested then I would enthusiastically recommend them. For it's price range it's undoubtedly in the top tier. Bass is solid and not boomy. Mids are very good. Highs are adequate esp for the range.

Good Luck!

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 12
Hello,

Thanks for the replies, I ordered them yesterday so after I could try I will definately put a little review about them... fortunatelly I have Sennheiser studio headphones to could compare the sound... and I have a MEE M9 and had a CX300 and CX400 before.

So I am very curious! :)

Lamb, Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins and Anouk will be perfect "food" for this earbuds... :)

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 12
How do they sound?  I've been thinking of picking these up for the gym (I don't want to risk damaging my s4s), but haven't found anything about them.

Worth the $50?

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 12
On Amazon the user rewires are growing, but unfortunately there are mostly rookies, so not experienced users...the last one cant find the proper size eartips..(tipical not bass issue with all IEMs....)

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #8 of 12
According to klipsch, the S3 are an upgrade to the S2 - both in comfort and sound quality. That being said, they are still inferior to the S4, and I was not terribly impressed with the S4 to begin with. You can do better for the money.

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 12
I have recently had the opportunity to try these out, and I must say that I am very impressed.  For $50 these must be the best headphones out there.  I can't give a lot of details, I could only listen for a few hours, but the bass is solid, the sound quality is very good.  The soundstage in particular was impressive.

They are not as good as my S4s, but the S4 is 60% more, and probably only sounds 40% better.   They are both great headphones at their respective prices.  That said, I'm happy to own the S4s.

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 12
Heh. I didn't realize this thread existed. I've had the S3 for about a week and while I haven't written up a full review, I can only give this warning - don't bother. The S3 is an okay earphone but it is closer to the S2 than the S4 in sound quality. The S2 can be found for ~$25 and remains the better deal for those who must buy Klipsch. After half a week of burn-in I still feel that the S3 combines all of the weaknesses of the S4 and S2 in a single earphone - it is a little boomy but much worse than that it has some treble spikes that just won't go away. Sibilance and harshness are a problem on some tracks (just as with the S4) and the soundstage is tubular - i.e. lacking in depth and height (just as with the S2). Plus the plasticky housings are bigger than those of the S4 and have sharp edges at the front. Inserting them deeply can be painful - the S2 is way more friendly towards the ear. It's not all bad - the S3 does have slightly more prominent mids than the S4 and the clarity is good for $50 - but I'd grab the Thinksound TS01 if I wanted something a little boomy and a little harsh in the price bracket without sacrificing immersion or timbre.

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #12 of 12
Its under cooking, but at first shot I like much better the mids and treble than M9 or Sennheiser CX 300-400..the first impression was its much more balanced than the others I have tried...

BUT Im windering that what would be with the bass after the burning period, because I wish getting more bass... or maybe its due the eartips dont fit wel... (I will try with the M9 large tips as well...)

The harsh things (in the vocal sounds "S") is much more pain with the M9 than here... I havent found any disortion at the high range..

The noise isolation is not as good as the M9, but its more comfortable thanks to the comfy eartips...

One more word about the bass... I am not sure that I just want more bass due listening after M9 which has a little overpowered bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back