Klipsch Image S2 ($49) & S4 ($79) dynamic transducers IEMs announced
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

walkingman

Headphoneus Supremus
qplc2t.jpg

Quote:

The Image S4 and S2, priced at $79 and $49 respectively, open up new channels of distribution for the company, as its other headphone models range from $129.99 to $349.99. But what’s cool is that the S4 and S2 use the same proprietary ear tips as their pricier predecessors, continuing the company’s extreme comfort with superior noise isolation story.

Quote:

Additionally, the Image S4 and S2 are moving coil designs with controlled damping, allowing them to deliver smooth, full-bodied sound that is similar to a balanced armature. In fact, the S4 has a “hot rod” dual magnet motor structure that increases the damping factor. It’s a feature that allows kick drums to “attack” and intermodulation distortion, or IMD, to be significantly reduced.

Quote:

The Image S4 will be available in a piano black and silver finish and include three different-sized oval ear tips (a small/medium dual flange design as well as medium and large single flange designs), an ear tip cleaning tool and a compact, crush-resistant aluminum case.

The Image S2 will be available in a piano black finish and include three different-sized oval ear tips (small, medium and large) and a cloth “Snap-tite” carrying pouch.

Both models carry a two-year warranty and work with the iPod, iPhone and other portable devices that feature a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. The S4 and S2 will be available for purchase at klipsch.com and other retail locations worldwide in April and July respectively. Amazon.com, Klipsch’s online launch partner, will begin taking pre-sale orders for the S4 this month.

New Recession-Proof Klipsch® Headphones Minimize Noise, Maximize Comfort

Image S4 Specifications
frequency response10Hz – 19KHz
sensitivity110db SPL/mW
nominal impedance18-ohm
input connections3.5mm

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/image-s4.aspx

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 52
Excellent! It's great to see more cheap dynamic canalphones/IEMs.

I wonder how these will compare to the not-yet-released (here in the US) Senn CX300-II and CX400-II, and the AKG K321 and K330/340. The price points on all three company's offerings seem to be similar.

EDIT: Nevermind
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 52
Yeah, they do look nice. Because of price I have never tried a Klipsch before, but with these budget models it looks like that might change in the coming months. I'll be keeping an eye on these.

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 52
as a previous custom-3 owner, i'm quite interested in trying these out
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 52
Looks nice... Will probably grab an S2 just for the case, haha.

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #11 of 52
Only partial set of tips with these is TT. I wonder if you can get a free full set by registering them
biggrin.gif
Cables look a bit improved though... no weird nylon sleeving like on the Custom 1/2/3, and no weird curved strain relief like on the X10
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back