Klipsch Image One vs Sennheiser HD25's
Apr 28, 2011 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

CollegeKevin

New Head-Fier
How's it going guys.  My names Kevin, guess this will be my intro post along with a question I have.  I go to Millersville University in PA and will be graduating with a business administration degree this May the 7th.  I have never spent more then $15 on a set of headphones so please bear with me if I seem a little uneducated.

Anyways.  I have spent some time reading reviews about these two headphones and I actually purchased the Klipsch Ones at BestBuy a couple weeks ago.  Although I returned them, I thought they sounded phenomenal.  These were the first higher priced headphones I have bought and I only returned them because I read that the Sennheisers might sound better.  The problem is, BestBuy does not sell the HD25's and I can't find any retailer in my area that does sell them so I can hear before I buy.  I guess I'm trying to get a feel from some of you guys that might have tried both of these headphones out.

I do listen to some rap, rock, blues, and classical, so I guess I'm looking for an all around decent headphone under $200 (college student with part time job).  Even if someone here has a recommendation of a different headphone. 

Thanks in advance for your help guys,
Kevin

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 15
Hey Kevin,

The HD25-1 II won't let you down. You'll forget about the Klipsch after the first 100 hours. 

Oh, it's considered good manners here if you only bump your thread once a day. Just a head's up. 
wink_face.gif

May 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

yeah klipsch are only good on the first 50 to 100 hours after that you'll be thinking of buying a new set. that's why i gave my klipsch image s4 to my wife

The only problem is the Image One is a pair of on ear headphones, not some IEMs like your S4s.  Not exactly the same situation.  

I thought the Image Ones sounded great on my Thunderbolt, but they did seem to be a bit bass heavy for my tastes...and I listen to mostly rap.  The HD25s definitely are a better all around headphone for me.

May 2, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 15
Another thumbs up for the Senns over the Klipsch.  The HD25s will make the Image Ones a distant memory after a proper burn in.  The HD25s handle most types of music well and adapt to a variety of situations - I plug mine into a DAP directly with good results and will plug them into an amp with even better results.  They seem to ramp up with a better quality source in my opinion.

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 15
So just to clarify as i have a similar issue,

If i buy the HD25 i won't feel jealous of the Klipsch image ones i've got my brother for christmas?

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #8 of 15
The HD25 is a much more neutral headphone than the Image One.  I find the Klipsch pretty sloppy in comparison to the Senn's.  But if I am feeling in a bass pumping kind of mood I would take the Klipsch with no issues at all!  Really depends on your taste here.  I also never found my Senn's very comfortable for some reason. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #9 of 15
Can't vouch for the HD-25 since I haven't heard it but the only reason anyone should consider the Image One is on a guilty pleasure basis (gobs and gobs of bass) or if you can get it for much, much cheaper than their $150~$130 retail price (like I did). Don't get me wrong, I love them but only as a guilty pleasure. I put them on when I want to hear and feel the bass impact these things can dole out. They're not as good as my M50s, HD555s and I'd reckon they're not as good as the HD25s either.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #10 of 15
I am a sucker for a bargain and wound up only paying $32.50 for the Image Ones on the Ebay deal poster here a few times. You should watch for that deal again as they are very much worth $32.50 but I would probably regret the purchase at full retail.

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 15
I also got the Image Ones for $32.50 on eBay. I wouldn't pay more than $60 for them and I think that's what they should go for new. I like my Image S4s better because the bass, while not as loud overall, is flatter through the frequency range. The Image Ones exaggerate midbass (80-150hz) a lot, which is really a shame because they have a lot of extension and when you EQ out the obnoxious midbass, it reveals a strong, competent sub-bass extension.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #12 of 15
I also got in on the $32.50 deal but I'm not a big fan of the way they sound. I then started experimenting with different ear pads and I think that a velour type would mellow out the bass, so I ordered a pair of HD 25 II velour ear pads for 20 bucks. If that does the trick it's still a pretty inexpensive headphone and I'd like to keep them for their portability. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #13 of 15
The HD25-1-IIs are HIGHLY recommended for rock music, but they still perform quite well with other genres, however the least being classical due to the lack of soundstage.

Maybe get the Image Ones if you have spare cash for comparative reasons or as a gift?

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #14 of 15
The sennheiser hd 25 1 ii is an awesome headphone. Sorry to hear they don't sell them at your local best buy because i got my hd 25 at best buy for $200.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
I am a sucker for a bargain and wound up only paying $32.50 for the Image Ones on the Ebay deal poster here a few times. You should watch for that deal again as they are very much worth $32.50 but I would probably regret the purchase at full retail.

Where can I find that deal? I'm looking for some over-ear headphones under 30-35$. I just missed de Mee ht-21 19$ offer but I'll buy them for 39 if I can't find anything better (any suggestions?)
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back