Klipsch IMAGE In-Ear Earphones
Sep 21, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #46 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure they aren't going to design them to make you deaf.
tongue.gif

That'd put a hell of a crimp on future sales.
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #47 of 89
Not sure why every one is so negative!.

I have heard the Klipsch RF-7 many many times and it sounds better than 95% of the headphones people rave about on this site.

They should be very good. I have always considered Kilipsch the "Grado" of the speaker world....maybe we will finally get the "Grado" of IEM.

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #50 of 89
Custom 3! 3 driver!

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #51 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Custom 3! 3 driver!

the 3 could mean 3rd and best in series, it does not mention 3 drivers, how do we know it dont have 4 or 2

i know its pretty obvious by the name but it was not mentioned and is not mentioned on the site so how can we be so sure

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #52 of 89
also if you read the site and the other klipsch customs thread the image earphones use the highest grade drivers so the custom 3 may not even be top of the line, its all a bit gimmiky and strange if you ask me

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #53 of 89
I don't get the Klipsch craze. I have heard alot of their products and they sound good but don't blow me away. I was at a local store and was listening to powered subs. The $1200 12 inch Klipsh sub didn't even come close to reproducing the sound that came out of the $950 Sunfire dual 7 or 8 inch sub.

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #54 of 89
we can sit around here and wonder about how they sound till november like monkeys, or have some forum heavy weights mail klipsch to see if they can get samples, i would think that if head-fi is so important that companies like jays, ultimate ears and grado get involved, then we can assist in bringing some fresh blood in to the market,

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #55 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also if you read the site and the other klipsch customs thread the image earphones use the highest grade drivers so the custom 3 may not even be top of the line, its all a bit gimmiky and strange if you ask me

How do you know that the Klipsch IMAGE use the "highest grade drivers"? I was under the impression that the Custom-3 was the flagship because of how Mark, the engineer behind these, categorized them in his long post. He put the IMAGE in the "Mid Level" and the Custom-3 in the "High Level". The IMAGE only has one armature, the Custom-3 seems to have 2 or 3 armatures.

Also, there were several people on the Klipsch forum who have heard both and they all say that the Custom-3 is the better sounding of the two, though the IMAGE is more comfortable.

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #56 of 89
Yes, the general consensus is the Custom 3 are sonically superior, but the Image is more comfortable and more stylish (but still sound fantastic). I actually prefer the Image at this point...but I need comfort above all. My ears are way too sensitive, and apparently, I have the tiniest of ear canals.

Feel free to browse our forum and see posts from our lead engineer on the product ... and also please do not hesitate to ask us questions! http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/default.aspx

I'll be posting more information about the headphones this week as I get the product pages ready on our website. I'll post back here with links when they are live.

Thanks all!

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #57 of 89
ok, so lets see,
triple drivers we have
the SE500/530, which are officialy priced at $500-$450, can sometimes be found under 300, superior bass and mids but some people complain of the rolled off highs,

we have the Triple.fi 10, officialy priced at $399, can be found for around $360, sounds great, but people sometimes complain about recesed mids and as always with the super.fi series, poor comfort,

then the UM3, people who have tested them (all 3 of them) said they sound quite good, but theres no set price and no release date in sight,

so, can klipsch on their first run get to the big boys ?

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #59 of 89
I want to see some FR charts.

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #60 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we can sit around here and wonder about how they sound till november like monkeys, or have some forum heavy weights mail klipsch to see if they can get samples, i would think that if head-fi is so important that companies like jays, ultimate ears and grado get involved, then we can assist in bringing some fresh blood in to the market,

Emailed Amy Unger to this effect, waiting to hear back and see if Klipsch will donate a pair or so for review...
wink.gif

Will keep people posted if/when I get these and how they evolve...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back