Klipsch Image 10x; amp/DAC
Mar 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zeuta1

New Head-Fier
Hi, I apologize in advance if this topic has been posted elsewhere on this forum, but I couldn't find one when I searched.

Anyways, I recently ordered the Klipsch Image 10x earphones, and I'm wondering if I need/should get an amp/DAC for it. I know they were designed with iPhones and iPods in mind, but I'm not well versed enough in sound technology to know what's best here. I also don't fully understand impedance, but I know the output impedance of the earphones is ~50 ohms. My sources are mainly my iPod Nano 6th gen., and my Macbook Pro 15". I'm wondering if there's a - relatively inexpensive - amp or DAC I should get to get the most out of the earphones. I read elsewhere that someone suggested the Fiio E6, which is definitely affordable. Is this a good choice? You'll know better than I.

TL:DR - Klipsch Image 10x earphones, sources: iPod Nano 6th gen. and Macbook Pro, good and relatively inexpensive DAC/amp?

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #3 of 7
If need AMPs/DAC for ipods and laptop then you willbe able to use only AMPs section for iPods and DAC/AMPs both for laptop and I will recommend the Fiio E17, iBasso D-Zero.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 7
[size=11pt]X10 does not benefit from amp, I have both x10 and E17 and they sound same with iPhone4s and E17. Save your money..x10 is not amp friendly[/size]

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
[size=11pt]X10 does not benefit from amp, I have both x10 and E17 and they sound same with iPhone4s and E17. Save your money..x10 is not amp friendly[/size]

Have to respectfully disagree.  I pair my X10s with an RSA Shadow and the difference between iPod Nano 7g with and without the amp is night and day: more frequency extensions - the bass is amazing; smoother clearer sound; bigger/ wider soundstage; to name just a few differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back