Klipsch HP-3 vs audio technica ATH-AWAS? Or...
May 21, 2020 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wazzupi

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Pulling out the Head-Fi muscle
I'm looking to get a new headphone(currently use iems, ier z1r still amazes me) , I've owned zmf auteur eikon and heard the Atticus focal clears(I'm just not a fan of focal hps) hd800s hd650s lcd2c he560, I'm just looking for something that's great for rock/alt/metal/electronic but I listen to all genres still well except country.

My favorite artists puscifer, tool, a perfect circle, slipknot, Mars Volta, this town needs guns(math rock) architects, glass animals, foals, nujabes etc

I love vocals period, lively bass and imaging. Soundstage doesn't need to be massive but above avg is great.

I'm debating between both headphones listed in title but am open to suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this lol.

Oct 17, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 3
I personally love my klipsch hp3s. I think they worth it for design and appearance and presentation alone. The klipsch hp-3 is semi open and well gives you a bit more Soundstage than closed backs. The bass is deep. The treble is crisp. The mids are warm yet female vocals shine through nicely.

Oct 17, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 3
If you desire excellent vocals, the Audio Technica is the way to go. The HP-3 is V shaped, and AT is generally designed for vocal and mid presence, especially in the upper mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back