Klipsch Custom 3 vs. Image X5
Apr 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 28
I used to own the Custom 3's and still own the X5's. Better bass with the custom 3's but better midrange detail, soundstage, and highs with the X5. The X5's still have a decent amount of bass and sound more balanced than the C3's. I didn't like the cloth braided cable that came with the C3's. Luckily Klipsch didn't use them on the X5.

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 28
I haven't heard the X10's, but the bass is a big step up from X5 to C3. That's about it. Some headfiers like the X5 even more than some of the triple driver universal iems.

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 28
depends on how much you like bass. If you worship bass, the c3's will sound better, if you can get over the damn cable microphonics. If you enjoy neutrality, the X5's will deliver
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 28
But how are they (x5) with staying in though? The fit of the Custom 3 is so good and comfortable, partly because of the nice memory wire around the ear.

I use my Custom 3 in the gym every time I go and I love it. They don't pop out, they never slip out, it's always a great seal and always very comfortable.

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by aporcelainsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if the cable is the same on both the x5 and custom 3s? or if it's possible to mod the cables for less tangling and microphonics?

Did you bother reading any of the replies in this thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't like the cloth braided cable that came with the C3's. Luckily Klipsch didn't use them on the X5.

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But how are they (x5) with staying in though? The fit of the Custom 3 is so good and comfortable, partly because of the nice memory wire around the ear.

I use my Custom 3 in the gym every time I go and I love it. They don't pop out, they never slip out, it's always a great seal and always very comfortable.

The X5's are just as comfortable as the X10's....which are unanimously hailed as being extremely comfortable.

X5's are very under rated. They are "neutral", when it comes to Klipsch. Therefore, they are slightly on the warm side. slightly...

A more accurate statement would be: this is the most neutral klipsch iem.

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They stay in quite well. They will pop out when the cable is yanked. The only reason I recommended the X5 for gym use are people that have something to say, which can be very annoying. I can pop the X5's out and in much faster than I could with the C3's.

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by aporcelainsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took that as meaning one has cloth covering while the other had plastic.. that doesn't really mean the inside cable is any different or any more/less prone to tangling.

I used to have some pretty bad tangling with the C3's even though the cloth braid is supposed to lessen the problem. Never had any major tangle issues with the X5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back