Klipsch Custom 3 Review
Jan 26, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #61 of 91
I find that if i use the klipsch gels (large single) lined up as required vertically i lose the seal easily, however having the gels horizontally gives me a great seal.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um sorry, but the Shure Se310 is a single driver IEM, not a dual driver.

So from now on, you type for me. I know it has a single driver with a bass port. But its the same price range as the klipsch Custom 3, and the Shure SE420 which is the dual driver is too much money to compare the two.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So from now on, you type for me. I know it has a single driver with a bass port. But its the same price range as the klipsch Custom 3, and the Shure SE420 which is the dual driver is too much money to compare the two.

You know, i would think people appreciated the fact taht people on head-fi clear things up so people don't get confused. But i guess not, also you're not taking into consideration that the street price for shures are Half the MSRP...

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #64 of 91
I dont care about the street price. Why? Because I'm a true New Yorker, you go buy a Sony LCD for 2 grand, I can go to the street and get a brand new one for 800 the most. So what does street price mean? It means that the first time it was released the company was ripping you off, and Shure is still doing it. Also people can do their own research, and msrp should matter more then street orice from an economics major.

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #65 of 91
Quote:

I dont care about the street price. Why? Because I'm a true New Yorker, you go buy a Sony LCD for 2 grand, I can go to the street and get a brand new one for 800 the most. So what does street price mean? It means that the first time it was released the company was ripping you off, and Shure is still doing it. Also people can do their own research, and msrp should matter more then street orice from an economics major.

It's not Shure is ripping you off, it's they need to pay for all their advertisements and they need to make money! they can sell it for their MSRP because people buy it. Why would you sell something less than you know you can sell it. Street price does matter because tht's what people look for, deals. The Cheaper the possible, and that's where they are going to buy them.

Feb 7, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #66 of 91
Quote:

lol, im sorry but rrp really means bugger all, thats just the price it was when it first came out, things drop in price and the only price i and i suspect most people care about is the one they can buy something for. if i am picking what im going to buy for x amount im not going to give a crap what the rrp is

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #67 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, im sorry but rrp really means bugger all, thats just the price it was when it first came out, things drop in price and the only price i and i suspect most people care about is the one they can buy something for. if i am picking what im going to buy for x amount im not going to give a crap what the rrp is

exactly, that's why Ebay and other auction sites exist. Not even that, for example, Best Buy gives their staff over 60% off on Shure Products.

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #68 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exactly, that's why Ebay and other auction sites exist. Not even that, for example, Best Buy gives their staff over 60% off on Shure Products.

i have to agree with you here, and i think not comparing the custom 3 to se420 is stupid if you think its not a fair comparison based on RRP. its dual driver and a much better comparison than the se310. just because the 310 is similar priced its clear it may struggle to compete with the dual driver klipsch.

i for sure never buy at RRP price if i can help it i mean who really would, even if your a ''true new york'er'' does that mean you have to get ripped off.

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #69 of 91
thanks for the review. i am using the UE super if 5 pro. before i buy the 5pro, i had considered the Custom3 once. but depend on the price, Custom3 is almost 300$ before the tax. so, i choose my 5pro for just nearly 180$. u said ur Klipsch Custom 3 is just 250, but it still a bit expensive than the prise of my 5pro. for 300$(i only find Klipsch Custom 3 in this prise from internet), i think i will add 50$ more for a TRIPLE.FI 10 PRO that will be a lot better because its triple unit in almost 350. anyway, thanks for showing me how ur Klipsch Custom 3 works.

Feb 7, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #70 of 91
So because some earphones are older then others we should let them slide for their odd MSRP?

Mark- You are a consumer but I don't think your ignorant. All consumers look at price, and say oh thats expensive, must mean that its good. Thats what Shure counts on. Thats also what Bose does.
Also if Shure's phone are too expensive to buy direct what does that mean? That means there outdated. Why get outdated technology? You keep bringing up things that are irrelevant. The truth of the matter is there are good deals out there because people want to get rid of the merchandise and would rather make a little more money, and hopefully move from red to black. If you do not know what that means from red to black, then do not talk about price or marketing on this post. And the way you make your choice for your product is you look at the price range, and what you want.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #71 of 91
Quote:

So because some earphones are older then others we should let them slide for their odd MSRP?

Mark- You are a consumer but I don't think your ignorant. All consumers look at price, and say oh thats expensive, must mean that its good. Thats what Shure counts on. Thats also what Bose does.
Also if Shure's phone are too expensive to buy direct what does that mean? That means there outdated. Why get outdated technology? You keep bringing up things that are irrelevant. The truth of the matter is there are good deals out there because people want to get rid of the merchandise and would rather make a little more money, and hopefully move from red to black. If you do not know what that means from red to black, then do not talk about price or marketing on this post. And the way you make your choice for your product is you look at the price range, and what you want.

it's not outdated technology, it's just the fact that technology gets cheapre and better over time. Klipsch came up with the Custom series late 2007 and Image in 2008, Shure SE Series came out in 2005 ish. Shure are not too expensive to buy direct, it's just the fact that they were priced for Three years ago, and that's how much high-end earphones costed back then. Not to mention that balanced armatures were pretty much only offered in customs which were half and grand to a grand. What matters today is the Street price of the Shure's, because everyone knows that to buy Shure today means that you should buy at street price and not MSRP. What you should compare are the Se420 and teh Klipsch Custom 3, the Street price for the Se420 is around $200 CAD in canada here. Which is much cheaper than the Klipsch's street price, which is around $300 CAD in canada. To your comment to Bose, everyone knows Bose is good, just not for the price. Bose overprices everything of there's because everyone knows them due to advertising so they overprice everything because they know they can still sell t for that price.

The problem with your comparison is that your basing it on price, and not performance. You can't compare the Se310 to the Klipsch Custom 3 just because they have a similar MSRP, the Custom 3 came out two years after the Se310, and has different specifications, for easy example single and dual driver (not saying some single drivers aren't better than dual). If you are going to compare it by price, you should compare it to the cheapest price that you can get the earphones for, in this case, around $120 USD for the Se310 and $200 for the klipsch Custom3 (though it did go for half price once)

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #74 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw do your KC3 smells really bad when u first opened the package?

LOL, does it really matter?

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #75 of 91
not entirely sure what you were trying to say zhdude but if we want to talk about taking particular prices and ignoring others, how about this stunner from amazon, they have been selling them at this price for some time now

Klipsch Custom 3

yes thats right for £300, a whole £100 more than even klipsch sell them on their own website. that makes them i believe the most expensive IEM's available on amazon uk, at current exchange rates rates that makes them us$440

Users who are viewing this thread

Back