Klipsch Custom 3 Review
Jan 4, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 91
It wasn't easy, but do-a-ble even without a tripod. Fast shutter speed, brightly lit room and plenty of patience.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #17 of 91
Very nice review indeed.

It seems to me that everyone who manages to get a good seal with the Custom 3s is more than happy with them. Correct me if I am wrong
biggrin.gif

The Custom 3s look very stylish IMO. They don't look big at all. Look from the front, one can barely tell if the other is wearing these babies.

This review is driving crazy since I won't be receiving my Custom 3s until the 8th
frown.gif
Hopefully they'll live up to my expectations just as they did to yours.

P/S: Zhdude, I notice that you had to put the phones back in the box to take the first picture. Correct? lol Thanks for the review btw.

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #18 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by yakuzaph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice review indeed.

It seems to me that everyone who manages to get a good seal with the Custom 3s is more than happy with them. Correct me if I am wrong
biggrin.gif

The Custom 3s look very stylish IMO. They don't look big at all. Look from the front, one can barely tell if the other is wearing these babies.

This review is driving crazy since I won't be receiving my Custom 3s until the 8th
frown.gif
Hopefully they'll live up to my expectations just as they did to yours.

P/S: Zhdude, I notice that you had to put the phones back in the box to take the first picture. Correct? lol Thanks for the review btw.

Yeah got a little over anxious. Just wanted to rip the box apart, and start listening. But packaging is good, and solid. I dont care for packaging, just makes it harder for me to start enjoying the product.

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #19 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big or not, they are light enough to be extremely comfortable. Sure it could be smaller, but why destroy the overall ergonomics and design (which I actually like) just to get it as slim as possible

Why did you get Custom 2 and Custom 3? which one do you like better? Whats your most favorite phone you own?

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #20 of 91
i like klipsch packaging, i like a company that clearly has given a little thought to it, a quality product should have quality packaging and for the £1 difference to a £150+ item well i dont notice. cheap nasty packaging with very few little bits and bobs makes me feel like "thats it???" (yes denon i mean u, C751)

Jan 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #21 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did you get Custom 2 and Custom 3? which one do you like better? Whats your most favorite phone you own?

Amazon UK had the Custom 2 for £49.99 so I decided to jump in before they reverted to the usual pricing. I bought the Custom 3 from a head-fi'er for a reasonable price.

Now that I am used to the Custom 3, I am starting to notice that the 2s are less crisp than the 3. Very very minor, but definitely noticeable. But I guess I only noticed it because I was listening to the Custom 2 for about 10 hours none-stop (Depeche Mode), then switching back to the Custom 3 when I got home. Despite the C3 using a dedicated woofer, the C2 has more bass quantity. The C3's bass is tighter and is more precise. Overall I think that the C2 is more fun, and the C3 a more analytical phone. Different phones for different genres/mood I guess...

I am probably going to keep the C2 as a backup headphone for sleeping or when heading out with friends where it will probably spend more time in the pocket than in my ear...

One thing I am also noticing is how different the cables are. My C3's cable is 'harder' and gets tangled up rather easily, where as the C2 is softer and easier to manage and doesn't get 'stuck' in a shape. It's like someone washed it in fabric conditioner, serious.

BTW, as I said, I was listening to the C2 for about ten hours today. Not once did my ears suffer from fatigue or discomfort. Just brilliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like klipsch packaging, i like a company that clearly has given a little thought to it, a quality product should have quality packaging and for the £1 difference to a £150+ item well i dont notice. cheap nasty packaging with very few little bits and bobs makes me feel like "thats it???" (yes denon i mean u, C751)

The packaging is nice, but they are rather wasteful. Two plastic boxes to create a 'floating look'. Plus all the cellotapes... Ugh.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #22 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you not class the e2c as big, i would, as IEM's go big is e2c, triple fi 10, klipsch custom range.

medium, se530, westone 3.

small, Q-jays, audio technica ck100 (soon to be released).

They aren't bigger then the Westone 3's or Se530, probably a tiny bit smaller then both, and a little bigger then the UM-2. Look at earphone solution .com to see the in ear pics of the SE530 and Westone 3.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #23 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They aren't bigger then the Westone 3's or Se530, probably a tiny bit smaller then both, and a little bigger then the UM-2. Look at earphone solution .com to see the in ear pics of the SE530 and Westone 3.

i dont need to look at pics ive had them in my hand and ear, its not the size thats the problem, they are big yes but its the form and fit thats not too pleasant, kinda balbus and not very natural in the ear.

edit: sorry guys i do mean the e2c.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #24 of 91
"The packaging is nice, but they are rather wasteful. Two plastic boxes to create a 'floating look'. Plus all the cellotapes... Ugh."

naaaa, it reminds me of being little on christmas, getting all excited but forcing urself to be carefull, yey i love it

infinetly better than those blister seal packs where ur in fear of slicing off a finger or hand getting into them

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #26 of 91
I've owned and extensively used my Triples and SE530s for the past year. I purchased the Custom 3s during the Klipsch sale and listened them today (w/Shure black olives) using my Zune 120 in flight from Chicago to Las Vegas for CES and was very impressed.

I previously owned the .fi 5Pros, my former favorite dual driver IEM, for a couple of years until giving them to a friend this past summer and can confidently say that the Customs possess superior SQ.

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #27 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by RLZEPP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned and extensively used my Triples and SE530s for the past year. I purchased the Custom 3s during the Klipsch sale and listened them today (w/Shure black olives) using my Zune 120 in flight from Chicago to Las Vegas for CES and was very impressed.

I previously owned the .fi 5Pros, my former favorite dual driver IEM, for a couple of years until giving them to a friend this past summer and can confidently say that the Customs possess superior SQ.

So how do the Custom 3s stack up against the Triples and Se530s if you don't mind?
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #29 of 91
You have to hand it to klipsch on these first generation IEM's though. The next generation will be far supriorer then anything in the market. You can just tell that their dual drivers, are better then any other dual driver out there, so theoritically, if they come out with a triple driver it'll be the best out there as well. And I'm sure they will touch up their cable.

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #30 of 91
well i dont think its that thier dual drivers are better than others, i think they have a sound signature that some (myself included) really rather like. as for the cable i quite like the woven thing but i would prefer it if it was a short one with an extension cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back