Klipsch Custom 2s! Awesome but a niggle..
Oct 4, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 29
Like i said the ones from my shortlist are all interswappable.. but personally i like the Shure foamies best.

Anyway, i'd buy the Shure EABKF1-10's - these have replaced the PA910's which were EOL - I feel the new ones to be a tad more 'luxurious & durable'.

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #17 of 29
The EABKF1-10 don't appear to be listed anywhere in the US as they appear to be an overseas model. Hows that work?
confused.gif
Oh well. Guess I can only make do with the PA910's. Thanks!

Nov 1, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nue
Hey just wondering how you managed to squeeze these on the Customs as they aren't going on mine at all...

Sorry (again) for my late reply, but like i said in the PM;

The small inner tube of the foamy is somewhat flexible too & simply fits perfect on the Klipsch. Just push them straight down (in the center you'll feel the inner tube & that can easily take the little force you need to slide them over.

Same goes for the Comply's.. just push them on -

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #25 of 29
The Ety 6i clip works well with the Images, although I wouldn't consider it a necessary addition.

I suspect it would work well with many IEMs, so I ordered a couple of extra.
(That was before I misplaced the extras in my pile of mail and newspapers. I'm hoping they will resurface -- I bought them at the site where they sell for $3 apiece. The one that takes months to ship them!)

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Despite this, I still haven't been able to stick them onto the current Customs I've got. Anyone else have these issues or tried?

No problems getting the Comply or the olives on the Custom 3s. None. Old thread so I didn't read it all. The Custom 3 sound tube is narrow, which means it can use most any foamie that will fit on Atrio, Ety, Sleek, etc. (as Hatmann has pointed out).

And the Ety clip does attach to the Custom 3 cable just fine. Not sure why yours doesn't work. Sounds like you may want to look for another phone, considering all the issues you have faced and can't overcome.

Dec 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #27 of 29
Clips work with my Images as well, just loose on the Customs, making it rather worthless for the Customs. At the same time, the Images also come with a different type of cord, negating the problem I have with the Customs anyway.

The foamies OTOH, fit neither as it simply will not budge past the mid indentation even with massive shoving and twisting action. Almost to the point that I feel like I'm going to break either. Currently attempting to stretch out the tubings themselves with a DS stylus. -_-;;

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sleeves, flanges & foamies that will fit the Klipsch Image & Custom:

- Shure's SE- (& most of their E-, i- & SCL-) series
- Sleek's SA-6
- Futuresonic's Atrio M5/8
- Comply T-100's (P's also, but you'll need to force them just a little..)

Dual- & triple flanges are simply too long for the Customs (&/or my ears), so finally I switched from Comply tips to my Shure black foamies & that was all she wrote.
Besides aesthetics (all black) the fit & sq are about perfect now - as far as universal IEM's go that is...

Oh, max thanks for this. I threw some Custom 2's in the drawer and were preparing to sell them because the stock gel tips are teh suck, leaky and painful. Maybe there's hope.

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

And so I turn to the rest of you Klipsch owners; how the hell do you use these on a daily (active) basis?

Quote:

I've already attempted to use them in various ways, including putting it behind my back, going through the shirt, moving the rubber separator to the tightest possible but to no avail, the microphonics seem to screw up the overall sound if I even attempt to walk.

I do what you do and don't have a problem when I wear them jogging.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back