Klipsch Custom 2 - upgrade
Jun 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jolly Bodger

Head-Fier
The Klipsch Custom 2 were my first IEMs. I got them as they were on special price on Amazon (£60) and I wasn't sure if I was going to like an IEM over normal headphones.

I really like the isolation I get from the IEMs and I now want to upgrade. I like the sound signature of the custom 2s so what to go for next?

I am thinking of going for the triple fi 10 (£210) and getting them custom fitted by ACS.

Anyone used ACS before?

Is the triple 10 a good choice or should I be considering something else?

JB

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 12
The Custom 3's, obviously.

Heaps better than the C2's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #5 of 12
I should have said that the only thing I don't like about the Custom 2s is the over ear wire so the custom 3 is out.

Westone 3 (£280) - over my budget unless I don't customize
Shure 530 (£215) - possibly
Senn IE8 (£198) - worried about too much bass

Mark2410 - How different are the triple fi 10s?

JB

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #6 of 12
well thier sound signature is different, the custom 2 is a gentle upsude down U shape, they have nice mids and the hights and lows are given less priority and they do tail off. the 530 is also mostly about the mids whereas the triples have snappy lunch bass and sharp abundant highs, the mids are quite recessed on them. think V shape. they just sound nothing like each other. the IE8 is similar to the triples too, very much a V shape as are i believe the W3 (not heard myself)

the IE7 or se530 would i feel be better matches for the sound signature of the custom 2 as you say u liked it. the IE7 wont give you the same isolation though, the 530 would.

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 12
When I first got the Custom 2s I found them very 'hissy' and lacking bass but when amped (ibasso D10) and after about 50 hours listening the bass has improved and the hiss is almost gone.

It's looking like I'll get the SE530. My only worry is I can't afford to get it wrong! It's a pity there's nowhere you can try IEMs and compare them back to back without spending a fortune. I like many others have to trust reviews and recommendations.

Thanks for the help though - it is really appreciated.

JB

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Bodger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should have said that the only thing I don't like about the Custom 2s is the over ear wire so the custom 3 is out.

The IE8, W3, SE530, and TF10 are all intended to be worn over the ear, as far as I know.

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #11 of 12
The TF 10s are shown on the UE site 'wires down'.

Looking at the SE530, it looks as though the wires over the ears are justthe cables but the Custom 2s have a thick sleeve thats supposed to bend around the top of your ear and I find that uncomfortable. Just the 'bare' cable will probably be OK.

All this would be so much easier if I could try some - any one know anywhere in the NW of England?

JB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back