Klipsch Custom 1 or 2 headphones using iPhone?!
Mar 19, 2008 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Titan1980

New Head-Fier
Hiya! I'm new in here and hope to have a good time
smily_headphones1.gif

Being a BIG Klipsch fan for years now, and proud owner of the Klipsch 2.0 stero system and Reference 5 floorstanders. I recently bought an iPhone and now I see that Klipsch even started in the headphones world! This might be a good thing, but I would like to know if the Custom 1/2 headphones will work on the iPhone!

On the website of Klipsch it says it will work, but in what way! Do I need a bigass adapter so the connector of the headphone will fit in the iPhone. I've got a pair of Sure e2's but they DON'T fit!
mad.gif

Also is there anyone in here who can tell me the quality of the sound (high/low) of the headphones when using the iPhone? I listen to singer songwriter music, and sometimes a band with drums. But no heavy metal shizzle.

I love good music (Klipsch lover) so I hope someone can confirm the quality of these headphones. Also please tell me (if there is) difference between the Custom 1 and 2

thanks in advance!

Bram
The Netherlands

Mar 20, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi Bram,
Yes, All Klipsch headphones are designed to connect to the iPhone without an adapter.

Custom 1 is a single armature design and Custom 2 is a dual armature approach. I will let the head-fiers tell you how they sound.

Thanks for considering Klipsch!

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 5
It's hard to find reviews of Custom-1 and Custom-2 so far.

Wildflower did some very nice reviews in French that you can translate online etc. if you don't read French.

Atrio M8/Custom 1/ATH-CK9/Q-Jays/Westone UM2/Triple.Fi 10Pro

Custom 2 vs. Custom 3 with mention of SE530 and Triple.Fi 10Pro

He liked the Custom 1 against the competition. Hard to tell with the Custom 2 because he was comparing it to Custom 3, SE530 and Triple.Fi.

PRICE CHECK: Custom 1 was down to $91 on amazon.com (authorized dealer) but they don't sell it directly anymore I guess. Custom 2 is $162 on amazon.com.

DISCLAIMER: The only ones of these I've heard personally are Atrio M8 and SE530.

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 5
I would love to hear a review of these phones as I have been enjoying Klipsch for years...

Mar 30, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #5 of 5
I got my sister the Custom-1, and I have the Custom-2 myself. IMHO, the extra cost of the Custom-2 is totally worth it over the Custom-1. I had a fairly long audition of the Custom-1 and IIRC the main difference between the two IMO is a warmth in the Custom-2 that the Custom-1 lack. Any other impressions besides that and I'd have to a-b test the two again to be accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back