Klipsch custom-1, $39.99 @ Amazon
Jan 12, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Nice find, if you're looking at klipsch I'd also consider the custom 2s from MyMemory as they're pretty decent value and offer free delivery.

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by amnsiac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice find, if you're looking at klipsch I'd also consider the custom 2s from MyMemory as they're pretty decent value and offer free delivery.

Oi, you! Custom 2s over RE0s, are you well?

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 8
Gotta stay true to my guns bcpk, custom 2s ftw!

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 8
Been listening to the Custom 1 all day and just switched to the Custom 2. I must say, I'm not surprised that these never got much attention around here. The C1 sounds pretty confused. Mids are very good but the bass and treble just aren't up to par. Some instruments sound way off. At a fellow head-fier's suggestion I'm running them through an impedance adapter to tighten the bass and it's still not punchy enough.

The C2 are much better - Klipsch really did their homework in regards to treble on these. Bass is still lacking in texture but there's more impact. Would I pick them over the RE0? Definitely not. Are they worth the $70 they cost here in the US? Yeah, I think they are.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #7 of 8
Interesting, bass texture is really the only thing I like about my C2s. That, and I can wear them more easily in bed.

I find the C2s very much confused, but I haven't listened to the custom-1s. Impedance helps on C2 as well. Overall, I find them thin sounding next to my RE0s and triple-fi 10.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 8
FWIW, Amazon is also selling the Custom 3's for $163.99. The Klipsch Custom line is being discontinued, so if you're interested in these particular 'phones now is not a bad time to buy.

Also, I see that the Imagine X10 is $199.99 which is actually LESS than the X5. I've been curious about the X10s so I just might have to pick a pair up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back