Klipsch Community Think Tank - Win Image S4 (II) Headphones!
Oct 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Alex L

Member of the Trade: Klipsch

Introducing the Klipsch Community Think Tank...a place where you could share all of your product ideas directly with Klipsch!

As a special bonus for participating, we will give away a set of Image S4 (II) Headphones to any active member through a random drawing at select periods throughout the year.

At Klipsch, we strive to provide our customers with the best listening experience possible and we need your feedback!

So, if you have just come up with a brilliant new product idea, an improvement to an existing product, or an idea on how to better market the Klipsch brand, here over to the Think Tank and share your voice!

Link: THINK TANK

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 10
New Product Idea: I'm not sure if this has been done but how about creating a wireless IEM that blends into the ear almost camouflaged. Market towards students because they tend to want to listen to music in class rather than the lecture. Make them cheap, exclude sound quality, so in the case of them being taken away, they can afford to buy another pair. You can also target people with an active lifestyle such as exercising so they can exercise without wires.

Improvement to an existing product: I've owned 2 pairs of the S4 and the only complaint would be the gels that were provided. Since these are supposed to be inserted into the ear canal, they became quite painful with the gels. My ear even bled once maybe from getting cut when I was pulling them out. I would suggest the foam tips route or at least sell Klipsch brand foam tips instead of letting Shure and Comply taking my money.

How to better market the Klipsch brand: It pains to say but looks sell. It is clear from Beats to Skullcandy and everything in between that they solely make their appeal off design. I don't really see Klipsch as that type of brand but if you can pull it off that would be awesome. I don't know if you sponsor musicians or anyone affiliated with the music industry but that might help decrease buyer anxiety. And cover every aspect of headphone use from casual to exercise to audiophile even blue tooth stuff. I actually have many headphones that fit different situations from school to snowboarding to home use.

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 10
Car sound, definitely! But your goal should be to impress Steve Guttenburg (considering at the car sound show or something he was not impressed by ANY brand or package)

In my dreams. But here is the whole idea of mine (I realise its virtually impossible)

The problem:
- Front loaders are sub standard (and next to none have optical outs, or bypass iDevices internal DACs, let alone Android internal DACs [standard with jellybean]) And only really Alpine front loaders have any semi decent SNR, but its still horrible for real audio.

- Amps: are more geared towards power, and SNR or THD (not that they are the end-all figures) are completely ignored or pathetic.

- Speakers: are fart cannons, have falsified specs, and just suck, I have a full set of JBL speakers which are decent, but the midrange is AWOL, and the midbass is a bit sloppy.

The only problem about going into this market, is that you have to fix all the other issues (Front Loaders, DACs, Amps) before the speakers can really shine.

And this is all taking into account a good equalizer/processor is already in the mix. Since cars are not an optimum configuration for sound.

The Dream:
"I have a dream!" 
That Samsung would design the software and controls (and screen and video processing in another model) for the front loader.

Yulong Audio would design the audio circuitry for the DAC section and optical out in the front loader. And they would design the power amp that will ultimately feed the speakers or sub.

And Klipsch would make the speakers (specifically designed to be equalized and to be super minimally impacted by the speakers housing) and the sub which should always only abide by one philosophy - it should be tighter then a .... erm the sexually inexperienced .

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 10
New product idea: I thinking of earbuds to extend into the headphone market. I know quite a few people who really dislike IEMs as they explain that their ears feel violated. There really isn't a strong market for high-quality earbuds, and especially not a lot of buyers. Although they do not provide as much seal, some listeners do want less isolation so they can hear what goes on outside, as some just do not like headphones that go inside their ears. I think it's a fair idea, along side keeping the original Klipsch Image S4 signature with improved sound quality, more depth and soundstage, and less harsh ends. Consumers want a fair amount of bass, and although some of us complain about the bass, I think it's good enough for every type of music as it does not overpower itself. The overall signature is pretty nice.

Improvement to an existing product: Except for the Image S4 and S2s that need work on the sibilance, the ProMedia 2.1s could also use a bit of polishing up. They are definitely a step up from crappy 5.1 setups like the X-540, but I feel as there could be a more crisp (and spacious) sound, a little bit more polished than the AV40, or even the BX5 D2 if possible (but keep the subwoofer). Keep the music fun though. IMO, that would be an instant winner in the computer speaker system.

Better marketing strategy: Still thinking of an idea.

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Pretty cool idea to get the community involved. I posted a couple suggestions there as well.

Thank you viralcow! We really do listen to our customers.

Quote:
New product idea: I thinking of earbuds to extend into the headphone market. I know quite a few people who really dislike IEMs as they explain that their ears feel violated. There really isn't a strong market for high-quality earbuds, and especially not a lot of buyers. Although they do not provide as much seal, some listeners do want less isolation so they can hear what goes on outside, as some just do not like headphones that go inside their ears. I think it's a fair idea, along side keeping the original Klipsch Image S4 signature with improved sound quality, more depth and soundstage, and less harsh ends. Consumers want a fair amount of bass, and although some of us complain about the bass, I think it's good enough for every type of music as it does not overpower itself. The overall signature is pretty nice.

Improvement to an existing product: Except for the Image S4 and S2s that need work on the sibilance, the ProMedia 2.1s could also use a bit of polishing up. They are definitely a step up from crappy 5.1 setups like the X-540, but I feel as there could be a more crisp (and spacious) sound, a little bit more polished than the AV40, or even the BX5 D2 if possible (but keep the subwoofer). Keep the music fun though. IMO, that would be an instant winner in the computer speaker system.

Better marketing strategy: Still thinking of an idea.

Those are some very good ideas and thank you very much for the feedback! Hope you posted them at the Think Tank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back