KISS-"Music From 'The Elder'.....Any other fans of this Album?
Feb 14, 2011 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iq160plus

100+ Head-Fier
I am 46 yrs' old and prefer heavy metal from the classics of the 70's and 80's generally so I enjoy bands like KISS, Metallica, Def Leppard, Boston, etc.  I was adding to my KISS collection and came across their lowest rated album ever: Music from "the Elder".  It has horrible reviews all over the place.  It's a concept album and it's not typical KISS by any means.  I love it.  Any one else or am I all alone on this one?-Ken

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 4
In all honesty, despite all of the terrible reviews, there are a few songs on the album that I like.  Granted, I still think the album as a whole is terrible, and even the few highlights aren't all that great.  I don't have own the album, but at some point I'll end up getting it because I love Kiss.

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Nope, you're not alone. I love The Elder -- I bought it on vinyl back in the mid 80s and kept the LP long after I'd ditched my first TT. Now that I'm back into vinyl (and who isn't?), The Elder gets regular spins. "Just A Boy" shows Paul's amazing (but seldom used) vocal range, and "Dark Light" is actually one of Ace's top two or three solos of all time. A fun listen, if not exactly revolutionary.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Always had a soft spot for The Elder. Dark Light is a great track, always loved Ace's singing on it. The Oath just plain rocks, and Paul's singing is stellar. I is a great classic Kiss rocker and wouldn't have been out of place on Dressed To Kill or even Rock and Roll Over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back