Kinked Cable Fix?
May 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Aisein

New Head-Fier
Don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot but I've got a bit of a dilemma. The material covering my cable is coming off & the way that its coming off is making my cable kinked. Since I'm not the best at explaining, here's a picture:

wTNoDSb.jpg

I can't straighten the cable and the longer I leave it that way, the more the material comes off. Plus, when I try moving the material back up to cover the cable, it just won't budge. Should I just cut the material off? Or will that cause the rest of the material to unravel even more? I don't really know what to do here since this has never happened to me before.

May 12, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 4
Is that a Vmoda cable? That is really weird how it's coming off of there. I would just cut it and see what happens. If you leave it like that it could damage the wires.

May 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 4
  Is that a Vmoda cable? That is really weird how it's coming off of there. I would just cut it and see what happens. If you leave it like that it could damage the wires.

Yeah it is a V-Moda cable. Let's say that I do cut the material but eventually the cable stops working due to it being kinked for so long, you think that it would still be covered by warranty?

May 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 4
I would contact them now about it, they claim that their cables are indestructible. They might just send you a new one for free.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3H_i09LwE

The video doesn't say anything about the sheathing durability, but it's the point of the video that makes me think they would replace anything that doesn't last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back