KingRex T20 an K1000 amp?
Aug 3, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #16 of 18
Firevortex;3160504 said:
Custom made PX Series ClarityCaps replace the standard electrolytic in the input stage. for extra $30...the cap looks cheap so i didnt go for it :p
QUOTE]

looks like i'll be sending mine back next week for the mod
tongue.gif

can't wait!

Quote:

Sound: The Clarity Cap range have an overall similarity in tonal balance, going up the range you gain clarity and spaciality. I found the PX to be neutral with a slightly warmish presentation. Compared to a standard Mundorf M-Cap the stereo-image is a larger but less spacious than a Mundorf Supreme or Audyn Cap Plus. Clarity is a good step up from the PW and also the M-Cap. The price/quality ratio is very good. I can highly recommend this capacitor if you are looking for a nice, but not too expensive MKP.

Verdict: 8.5

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Ghost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here it's 269 usd, and it comes with a USB DAC: http://www.audiomagus.com/index.php?...d=54&Itemid=27

The non USB DAC is 245 usd.

biggrin.gif

thats still too expensive. COEM was runing a speical 2month ago on a aus hifi forum for $220AUD
smily_headphones1.gif
which is like $200USD?....if your a old customer you could prob get it for around that price
wink.gif

Mrjabba, reason y i didnt go for those caps is they;re like a OEM version and i'll prob get a firstwatt F1 later then make kingrex my preamp. but keep us updated on how much difference those caps make to the amp.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats still too expensive. COEM was runing a speical 2month ago on a aus hifi forum for $220AUD
smily_headphones1.gif
which is like $200USD?....if your a old customer you could prob get it for around that price
wink.gif

Mrjabba, reason y i didnt go for those caps is they;re like a OEM version and i'll prob get a firstwatt F1 later then make kingrex my preamp. but keep us updated on how much difference those caps make to the amp.

$220.....
blink.gif
damn that is cheap

will report back when i have the moddified unit.
one more thing, daniel also mentioned that they will be offering to upgrade the standard volume pot with an alps item. should i just wait and get that too? never understood why differnt volume pots would make a difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back