KingRex T20 an K1000 amp?
Jul 31, 2007 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Firevortex

100+ Head-Fier
so i was browsing the 6moon audio reviews today and found this http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/kingrex/t20.html upon reading the review it peaked my interest in this unit as the reviewer gave it the bluemoon award and mentioned how warm it sounded like a tube amp.

would this unit possibility be a mini RWA sig30?
biggrin.gif
has any 1 tried this unit? cost only $200 might be worth a try
smily_headphones1.gif

strip1.jpg

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 18
i recently bought one from coemaudio to replace my trends.
where did you find it for $200?
cheapest i've found was $255aud

don't have any experience using it with headphones, but with speakers i agree with 6moons that it sounds very similar to a tube amp!

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 18
The head-fier "blackmore" recently posted his impressions of the Trends Ta10 with his K1000, perhaps that would help you get an idea how the Kingrex will work.

Mr. jabba, lucky you got your KingRex before coem put the price up.
How do you like it compared to the trends? Is it worth the extra 100 dollars in your opinion? Hope you can post up your thoughts about the Kingrex when you get some time
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, cheers

Aug 1, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr. jabba, lucky you got your KingRex before coem put the price up.
How do you like it compared to the trends? Is it worth the extra 100 dollars in your opinion? Hope you can post up your thoughts about the Kingrex when you get some time
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, cheers

i like the kingrex more then the trends, it feels like it has more authority.
but it's not that much more powerful then the trends, i think it's because it sounds like a tube amp that you feel like its more powerful
blink.gif

i think its probably worth the extra $100, but i actually paid less then that so its very worthwhile!

they actually have it on ebay every now and then for $255

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 18
Really nice looking amplifier!
I am looking for a small speaker amplifier, which I can also use for headphones. This might be a strong candidate.

Aug 1, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjabba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i recently bought one from coemaudio to replace my trends.
where did you find it for $200?
cheapest i've found was $255aud

don't have any experience using it with headphones, but with speakers i agree with 6moons that it sounds very similar to a tube amp!

oh i was quoting in USD. did u get the PSU as well? if i get this amp it will have to come witht he PSU...but the thing is i've spent $900 on some amp that dont pair well with the K1000 so thats $900 down the drain..i hate to spend another $500+ on somthing that might not be "ALL that" when compared to the RWA and F1s. from reading the reivews this unit might work well as a preamp.

i would get a sig30 or a F1 right now if there is a local dealer with some kinna warranty.
frown.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Mr.Jabba

Yes, I think COEM was selling them for about 70AUD more that the Trends, so that makes the KingRex a reasonable upgrade at that price. Seems like the interest in these amps is driving the price up. BTW, which speakers are you using?

(Sorry for taking the thread a little OT)

I was using some kit speakers:
http://www.theloudspeakerkit.com/sho...&ProcessType=1

but have since upgraded to some Quad 11L bookshelf speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh i was quoting in USD. did u get the PSU as well? if i get this amp it will have to come witht he PSU...but the thing is i've spent $900 on some amp that dont pair well with the K1000 so thats $900 down the drain..i hate to spend another $500+ on somthing that might not be "ALL that" when compared to the RWA and F1s. from reading the reivews this unit might work well as a preamp.

i would get a sig30 or a F1 right now if there is a local dealer with some kinna warranty.
frown.gif

contact either john or daniel at coem about a 'trial-period', they offered me this when i bought a few things from them

what is RWA and F1?

Aug 1, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjabba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
contact either john or daniel at coem about a 'trial-period', they offered me this when i bought a few things from them

what is RWA and F1?

its RWA sig30 power amp and firstwatt F1 power amp those amps are US made, which users say it sync the best with the K1000. sig30 costs about $2000+AUD and firstwatt F1 costs $3000+AUD. if something happens shipping back and forth for warranty repairs its gonna cost an arm and a leg...not to mention wait time. thus i didnt pull the triger
frown.gif

i;ve bought stuff from coem before they have this 30days money back policy i guess its the "trial-period" you mentioned about?

Aug 2, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its RWA sig30 power amp and firstwatt F1 power amp those amps are US made, which users say it sync the best with the K1000. sig30 costs about $2000+AUD and firstwatt F1 costs $3000+AUD. if something happens shipping back and forth for warranty repairs its gonna cost an arm and a leg...not to mention wait time. thus i didnt pull the triger
frown.gif

i;ve bought stuff from coem before they have this 30days money back policy i guess its the "trial-period" you mentioned about?

wow those amps are expensive
basshead.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #11 of 18
ordered the amp and psu combo today cos i got a good deal from COEM
smily_headphones1.gif
i'll do a full review in a week or so.

btw. did you get that cap mod COEM had available?

Aug 2, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #13 of 18
Custom made PX Series ClarityCaps replace the standard electrolytic in the input stage. for extra $30...the cap looks cheap so i didnt go for it :p

IMGP9654.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back