Kingrex Headquarter
Aug 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

yogibearal

New Head-Fier
Seems like an interesting newcomer,

6moons.com audio reviews: KingRex Headquarter HQ-1

I'm not associated with them but just noticed this as a regular broweser of sixmoons. Apparently no mention of this when I did a search on HeadFi so I thought I'd share.

happy_face1.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 13
I actually have a sample of this amp to review, but it just arrived, and Kingrex recommends a healthy break-in period, so the actually review is several weeks out. Very nice looking amp, though, and looks very well built.

Aug 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 13
Awesome!! I adored my UD-01/PSU combo at the time so i hope this does fairly well
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 13
Looks really nice I must say!
biggrin.gif

...awaiting the Skylab review...

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 13
Hey folk (found this thread via google) and the product on youtube

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

questions;

1. is the red color the only color offered?

2. Is there a switch for changing the main voltage source 230 /115?

3.since there is a line level outs , is it suitable as a preamp?

sorry if these questions sound silly

peace..S

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by sawindra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
questions;

Clearly it could be used as a preamp - not sure how it sounds in that regard - I have 2 other amps ahead of it in the review cue. My power supply is clearly just US voltage - my guess is that since it is a separate PSU that they send the appropriate voltage for where the customer lives.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clearly it could be used as a preamp - not sure how it sounds in that regard - I have 2 other amps ahead of it in the review cue. My power supply is clearly just US voltage - my guess is that since it is a separate PSU that they send the appropriate voltage for where the customer lives.

Absolutely - the site I linked to is here in Brisbane, and I have yet to see them sell anything that requires any form of in-line transformer for the PSU.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #11 of 13
BTW, new photos are up on 6moons:
6moons.com audio reviews: KingRex Headquarters HQ-1

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawindra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
questions;

sorry if these questions sound silly

peace..S

1. The face plate is available in both red and black. The black panel looks different to the red panel, but shares the same appearance as the rest of KingRex's products.

2. There is no switch, the external power supply are produced specifically for your country.

3. The line out is suitable as a pre-amp, will be testing this thorougly soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely - the site I linked to is here in Brisbane, and I have yet to see them sell anything that requires any form of in-line transformer for the PSU.

Correct
smily_headphones1.gif
the HQ-1 amplifiers I'm receiving will all be 240v.

If you guys have any questions about the HQ-1, just email me on coem @ coemaudio.com.au I don't usually post on here.

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #12 of 13
JUST came across this amp on a site. VERY interesting. I use a KingRex USB amp to drive a pair of Swans speakers and am nothing but impressed by the little unit. Finding out they've put out a dedicated headphone amp is quite intriguing indeed. Funny thing though - the hp amp is nearly 3 times what I paid for the speaker amp.
eek.gif
Too bad they didn't first put out a more mid-fi unit. Of course I need another amp like I need a hole in the head but, hey. I tossed practicality out the window a long time ago when it comes to this nutty hobby!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back