King Sound Emperor: New Electrostatic Headphones!
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #571 of 666
Now there is some news!   Looks like a bit more of a proper build.  Any details?

My KS-H1's are torn apart now and getting heavily modified, with some promising results.  Most recently we've been looking at replacing the dust covers, which are definitely holding the drivers back.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #574 of 666
  Now there is some news!   Looks like a bit more of a proper build.  Any details?

My KS-H1's are torn apart now and getting heavily modified, with some promising results.  Most recently we've been looking at replacing the dust covers, which are definitely holding the drivers back.

Will compare the two headphones tomorrow with some side by side pics but this one is plastic and metal mainly and a much improved build quality over the H1 - its been a month since i heard the H1 due to the M10 being in HK for a "make-over" so I have to take some time and listen to both but initial reaction was this was a "proper" headphone and not a cyborg implant.

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #578 of 666
Just some very short impressions on the new KS H-02 headphone.

The hum has gone using the M-10. I had background hum on the original headphone and after getting a replacement M-10 and the new KS-H-02 and doing an A/B on the new headphones the KS-H1 still has hum but the H-02 is hum free. 

My setup for testing is Flac/Foobar/WASAPI/windows 7/Just Audio uDAC2496/Questyle Audio CMA800r pre-amp/Kingsound M-10 SS/KS-H01/2.

Some slight audible changes are a slightly more dynamic presentation, less veiled, better vocal stage and slightly richer quality than the 01. Clarity might be up a notch also. Gosh I hope this is not placebo hehe.

Pads are a bit deeper also on the H-02.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #581 of 666
So do they still look like this?

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #583 of 666

Quote:
  Thanks for the initial impressions.  Is the new headphone available yet? Expected release dates?

I literally emailed Kingsound asking for the same thing an hour ago hehe.. I have not seen this headphone for sale anywhere myself personally but I consider it an upgrade for sure on the original H1. The h1 makes everything more veiled and compressed compared to the H02.

update.... Simon is out of town until next week so have to wait until then.. holiday in HK?

Off to our national meet on Sunday and it will be side by side a Stax Omega SR007 & SM007 set and an Abyss with some tasty amps so I hope to get a proper comparison as the last system I had was a 3030 system and on aural memory they were too bass light for me. The Kingsound is more in keeping with my old SRX MK3 tonality which sadly I do not have anymore.

Apologies I have not had the same depth of exposure as some of you guys on stats but so far I find the KS system acceptable as entry level but the SS amp is not well implemented with lots of design bypasses, a cheap pot and blowing too hot (yeah I opened it up too and had a tech look at it and he smiled and wanted to know why for all the last minute revisions by KS).

The hum anyone is experiencing is 100% with the H1 headphone and not the H-02 which is a big positive for me as I am testing them side by side right now. 

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #584 of 666
  Still looks "cheap" to me. I like the gimble rods and headband assembly looks bit classy and sturdy. The cups look like late 70's Superex headphones.

That is accurate - the gimbles and headband are indeed of metal construction and everything is is hard plastic and plether. The pads are slightly deeper than the original pads on the H01.

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #585 of 666
Somewhat surprised you find the Lambda bass lite? I think this may be because the bass on stats is so well textured, natural and controlled. It's not the one note overblown bass found on so many dynamics these days. May also have been the source you were using.  

Quote:

Off to our national meet on Sunday and it will be side by side a Stax Omega SR007 & SM007 set and an Abyss with some tasty amps so I hope to get a proper comparison as the last system I had was a 3030 system and on aural memory they were too bass light for me. The Kingsound is more in keeping with my old SRX MK3 tonality which sadly I do not have anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back