Kimber Timbre - Any Impressions?
Nov 3, 2006 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
Simple really, as stated in subject
cool.gif

Anyone have/listen to the Timbres? Good? Any comparisons? Other cables I am looking at are Zu Gede and Audio Art IC-3.

Cheers,
X

Nov 3, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 4
I find it interesting you should mention this, as I (only a few days ago) inquired with Kimber about the Timbre
smily_headphones1.gif

A representative (Todd, I believe) said that the Timbre is a great value, but the Hero is, in his opinion, perhaps Kimber's best value. He said the Timbre is smooth and detailed, and has slightly less body than the Hero. I have owned a couple of Heroes. Indeed, the Hero is a full-bodied cable. I gather the Timbre is quite a bargain at under $100.

You should also perhaps consider the WBT-0147 option for the Timbre. This adds only a few dollars to the regular price (I think the 0.5m goes from $84 to $104 USD). I prefer half-meter cables--especially since Kimber is rather generous with their "half-meter" lengths--just over 22", end to end. My "half-meter" Audience Au24 is only about 20", end to end. Yes, I actually measure my interconnects
smily_headphones1.gif
...I go as short as I could. All "half-meter" cables are, indeed, not the same length. In many cases, it is because of the length of the connector.

Nov 3, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi there. Well, the Hero is one I'd really be after but they seem scarce (looking for preowned at the moment). I can get the Timbre at a good price, but if I can find the Hero at a good price I'd be happy (hence the WTB ad I placed earlier
eggosmile.gif
).

I'm also considering the Zu Gede. Have you perhaps ever compared it to the Hero?

X

Nov 3, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi there...No, I do not have any experience with the Zu Gede.

Overall, I tend to like Kimber cables. They are of good quality, and Kimber provides excellent, personable service. If I had not found a superb deal on the rather expensive Au24, I imagine I might still have a Kimber interconnect. Actually, as you may surmise, I am still tempted to buy a Timbre (with the WBT-0147 option)--just to see how it would compare to my "giant" (the Au24).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back