Kimber Kable wires?
Mar 20, 2006 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

munkeeboi83

New Head-Fier
I just wanted to know what you guys think of Kimber Kable wires and interconnects? Are there other companies that make better stuff than Kimber Kable or is fabricating your own (DIY) more economical? I'm still a newbie to home audio/headphones, but with my car audio experience, Kimber Kable and Mogami is the best.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Kimber is not nearly the best. But much better than my system deserves. I think it's well made and looks pretty damn cool.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 6
I would say the Kimber is one of the better cable companies out there with both great entry level products and some upper end stuff as well.
You can't go wrong with PBJ interconnects on a budget and I have happily lived with the 8TC speaker cable for 12 years now.
You can buy there wire for your DIY on parts connection I beleive.

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 6
i don't fret over cables, but i use kimber hero interconnects myself, they are pretty nice and not too bad price wise. also run their 4tc speaker wire, huge improvement over the 10ga diy belden stuff i was using before.

i might try other stuff later when i have my system situated. stuff i have in mind are 47 labs ota and poth audio boo series.

Mar 20, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm using balanced Kimber Select KS-1130 and I'm very very happy with them. It is supposed to be their top of the line. They are very clear and transparent as they are pure silver, but there is no trace of glare or brightness that sometimes you can find in lesser silver cables.

Mar 21, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 6
thanks a lot guys. I'm thinking of starting out with a new set of interconnects, then power wires. I'm not really all that anxious about recabling my Audio Technica AT-ADH700 headphones though. The box is all in japanese, but I can only make out titanium sheathing ArtLink Titan and they're PCOCC? Can anyone explain to me what that means? I think I've read somewhere they are OFC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back