killer vingate 70's pionner stereo receiver
May 7, 2005 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cmoyamphelp

Head-Fier
Okay i would love too make a killer pionner silver age stereo,i would be using a SX-780 with 45watts per channle into 8ohm speakers,

Now the questions?

1 what high quality speakers where made back in the 70's and would give me the killer sound,
2 What type of pionner tube amp where avalibule back in the 70's and could be used to power the speakers (4)

May 7, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 5
Ive heard this very model. They came with matching Pioneer speakers back in the day, I would try to find some Pioneers to go along with them, or perhaps some older Sony's perhaps, or new Yamahas.

Im not a speaker man at all, so going over the price of $300-400 I wouldnt have a clue what im talking about
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 5
If your going to be using Pioneer. The Pioneer HPM series would be a logical choice. Check on audioreviews.com for owner reviews. Think the HPM100 is still very popular.

Another popular speaker, maybe the most poplular, was the large Advent. Still plenty of those around, nice woodwork.

The EPI 100 was highly regarded and commonly used.

All of these show up frequently on ebay.

The Dalquist DQ10 was very good. But requires way more power then you got.

BW Maxx

May 8, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #5 of 5
I second the Original Advents. Im using a pair with my new Marantz receiver and the sound is balanced, full and dynamic with a very nice soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back