Killed my iRiver H120...
Feb 12, 2008 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lsportline43

500+ Head-Fier
Well it's over I killed my iRiver H120. At first it was having HDD connection problems after I installed a new battery in it. Then I tried to desolder and then resolder the daughter and main board together.

Well in short the player will not power on. I will try to sell the parts out soon.

Now my problems is what will I do? Buy a new player or get another H1xx? What are your suggestions? Is there something worth getting? I liked my mono-lcd screen and the optical out.

So what do I do? Kenwood HD based player? Or Redwine modded iPod? What's the best route to take? I am currently bidding on some iRiver H1xx, but who knows if I'll win...

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 8
If you're looking for a player with optical out, the H1xx series is about your only option. They having been selling for a little less than usual on eBay lately; I know, since I've bought and sold a bunch of them.

-Pony

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 8
Did you install a 2G iPod battery into it?

IIRC, the battery connection has to be inverted for it to work on the H120.
Still waiting for the 2G iPod battery to arrive from Hong Kong though... kinda worried about switching in in case the player gets fried x_x

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 8
I have the 2,200 mAh Cameron Sino battery that is meant to be used with the iRiver H1xx and the H3xx I believe. So there was no inverting required.

I am currently watching some iRiver H1xxs on eBay. Just waiting to see if someone else is willing to pay for than me...

And yes it does seem that the H1xx is the only HDD based mp3 player that have a optical out. The other option that I can think of is the Cowon Q5W. It has a coaxial out I believe. That player is atleast $500+ for the 60gb version. Too much for something I really do not want. I use to want to get a color screen player, but now I find that the monochrome LCD is just fine for my daily needs.

If I don't win a iRiver H1xx on eBay soon I don't know what I'll do... I have the iBasso D1 for using its optical in with the optical out of the iRiver that I broke. So I guess I would have to start over completely if I don't find a H1xx.

Feb 12, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 8
Just keep trying to get one.

I'm sure you'll get one if you just keep trying.
Don't give up hope *pat*
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a cameron sino for my H140, but i did have to switch the wires when i installed it.

Hmm... the battery worked flawlessly without the wired switched.

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just keep trying to get one.

I'm sure you'll get one if you just keep trying.
Don't give up hope *pat*
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it that hard to find one? Damn... I guess I'll just have to get a Cowon Q5W.
smily_headphones1.gif

No, but seriously is it that hard? I see a couple on eBay. And there have been a couple for sale in the "for sale" section of head-fi in the last couple months.

If I don't find a H1xx I will consider buying the Q5W, but would look at other players before investing that much money in the Q5W. Maybe a Sony HD5. Anyone with suggestions? I'll open up my choices to anything with a line out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back