Kid wins big downloading from iTunes
Feb 27, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 15
I wonder how much a 10,000 song iTunes gift certificate would be worth on Ebay? That plus 9 iPods and he'd make a pretty nice penny there.

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 15
They're naming a scholarship for him at julliard because he . . downloaded a song? Is it just me, or is there's something wrong about that?

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 15
Are all the ipods the same? Or does he get to choose type, color?

What's he going to do with the buds?
icon10.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
They're naming a scholarship for him at julliard because he . . downloaded a song? Is it just me, or is there's something wrong about that?

That's what got me too. It's a confusing world we live in.
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Whichever student gets that scholarship will not lose any sleep over it I'm sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

theres something extremely messed up. Give the scholarship name to humanitarian like Bono, not some random kid who downloaded a song...

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 15
It doesn't sound to me like they're creating a scholarship named AFTER him at Juliard. They are creating a scholarship FOR him to use should he decide to go to Juliard in the future.

At least that's the way I'm interpreting what's been written.

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
It doesn't sound to me like they're creating a scholarship named AFTER him at Juliard. They are creating a scholarship FOR him to use should he decide to go to Juliard in the future.

At least that's the way I'm interpreting what's been written.

sorry, read again

"The company would also establish a scholarship in his name at New York City's famed Juilliard School.

Feb 27, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
theres something extremely messed up. Give the scholarship name to humanitarian like Bono, not some random kid who downloaded a song...

I'm happy the scholarship is being established at Julliard. It's nice to see things like this happen to good hardworking people. In response to the quote above from this thread, I agree the "humanitarian" Bono should have a scholarship setup at not only Julliard but many different musically oriented academic institutions. He's f-you rich, so it's the very least he can do to give back to something that gave him so much.

Or, Bono could plow back only a percentage of profits from his band's U2 Ipod and build shelter and provide food and clothes in an effort to provide the millions of impoverished people in Africa or elsewhere. Or, he could simply donate to one of the other causes he's supporting this week.

Feb 27, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #15 of 15
U know how hard it is to get into Juilliard school of music? I think the admission is priceless. I mean I can hardly tell any difference between a $50 violin and a $50000 one, but oh boy, those kids ARE good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back