Kickstarter: The Billie Amp
Jul 21, 2016 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AirForceTeacher

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone looked at The Billie Amp on Kickstarter?  Any thoughts?  Good looks, definitely.  Tube preamp, solid state amplifier, 125 watts.  Inputs include turntable, RCA, optical and AptX Bluetooth.

I asked what DAC they were using and got this response:

(apologize if there's already a thread - didn't see it in my search)

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #2 of 10
  Has anyone looked at The Billie Amp on Kickstarter?  Any thoughts?  Good looks, definitely.  Tube preamp, solid state amplifier, 125 watts.  Inputs include turntable, RCA, optical and AptX Bluetooth.

I asked what DAC they were using and got this response:

(apologize if there's already a thread - didn't see it in my search)

Haven't read the specifics or anything but the look of it alone... That's a beautiful amplifier right there, especially in black. Damn.

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 10
It is a class D ICEpower bang&olufsen witch I read up on here a few weeks ago while learning about amp design. Its pretty exciting to see a product with this promising new tech in the sometimes stagnant in the audio game. P.S. I've also never seen a class D tube amp.

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 10
After reading about the Billie amp carefully, hopefully you don't need to power more than bookshelf speakers, it's really 60 watt @8 ohms rms and 125 is peak @4 ohms. But should be very interesting for easy to power speakers, the tube preamps should warm up the usually harsher D power hopefully making it sound like a more expensive piece.

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #9 of 10
So, still not delivered, but the makers are posting monthly reports. It appears that it goes to manufacturing this month or early next month. I'm near the end of the list of original backers, so I expect I won't get it before March. I'd like to write a review, but frankly, I just don't have exposure to enough good gear to do it justice. If someone in South Texas wants to come have a Scotch and listen with me to help evaluate it, feel free to PM me. I picked up another pair of NOS Usher V-601s to use with it, but I don't have any really nice headphones, unless you count the Massdrop HiFiMan HE-350

Non Kickstarter link to company: https://heaven11audio.com/

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 10
The billie looks a lot like the Elekit 22 Hybrid Tube amp. Even they share a similarity in the name (one as 11 and the other 22 in the name).

elekit.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back