KGSSHV AMP (Should I Buy?)
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 17
Kevin designs are always great, but the newer design would be KGSSHV Carbon :). Mostly everyone agree that Carbon is an improved version from KGSSHV, not by much but an improvement none the less, and the prices will be more expensive as well.

After all, no one can tell you to should or should not buy it. I recommend reading around some more and if you can, audition the amp before you decide ?

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 17
Looks good. Is it an off-board or on-board? I haven't seen this type of build before inc external PS and heatsinks out of the top.

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 17
Ok. I just hadn't seem one done for an on-board.

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 17
What is "off-board or on-board"?

As far as I am aware, the on-board swings a bit less current than the off-board. Ask over at the other place for more tech details, I am not a builder.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 17
As far as I am aware, the on-board swings a bit less current than the off-board. Ask over at the other place for more tech details, I am not a builder.

I thought you were referring to the power supply about on/off board, guess I was right, just wanted to make sure. From the description and photos, it looks like the power supply is external.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 17
I thought you were referring to the power supply about on/off board, guess I was right, just wanted to make sure. From the description and photos, it looks like the power supply is external.

No. On-board means the heatsinks for the transistors in the amp section are mounted directly to the board. Off-board, the heatsinks are typically part of the case/chassis, are larger and therefore the amplifier can be pushed to run with a higher current as the larger heatsinks can dissipate more heat. It is unlikely there would be much if any sonic difference between the two.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #14 of 17
No. On-board means the heatsinks for the transistors in the amp section are mounted directly to the board. Off-board, the heatsinks are typically part of the case/chassis, are larger and therefore the amplifier can be pushed to run with a higher current as the larger heatsinks can dissipate more heat. It is unlikely there would be much if any sonic difference between the two.

Thanks! Is this amp class-A?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back