KGSS or Stax Omega II, wich one comes first?
Feb 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

verwandlung

Now known as satorarepotenet.
Hello all,

I am now using Stax SRM-323II with the earphones which came with the amplifier. I am planning to upgrade to Omega with the KGSS amplifier. The only problem is that I won't be able to get both at the same time. So here is the question: would I be better off listening to Omega with SRm-323II amp for a little while (a few months I imagine), or listening to the earphones which cam with the 323II and the KGSS?

Thanks in advance!

Verwandlung

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 7
Since the lead time is so great on the KGSS, I would get it first, and use the SR-303's with it, until you get the O2's.  I doubt the SRM-323 will be adequate to drive the O2's properly, so wait until you get the amp before you invest in them.

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 7
Whichever you can get first.  This will most likely be the O2 unless you have a lead on a KGSS that's already built.  Get the O2, place your order for the KGSS (1/4 deposit required I think), use the O2 from your current amp in the meantime, and hopefully you will have enough saved up to make full payment when the KGSS is ready in some months.

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 7
Thank you all.

I was aware of a waiting list to get the BHSE, but I didn't it know it was also the case for the KGSS, which I assumed could be obtained in about a month (that is what is said on their website at least). = At any rate, perhaps I should check it out first by contacting headamp to find out for sure. It may make my decision simpler!

One other thing -- how hot does the KGSS can get? Would it be a very bad idea to put my Bel Canto dac on the amplifier (I live in a very small apartment...)?

Best,

Verwandlung

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #6 of 7
The KGSS gets pretty hot and I wouldn't advise stacking any components on it.  I was in your same situation before and I got the O2s first and then the KGSS after.  I used a SRM-313 to power my O2 and still enjoyed them.  It wasn't until hearing them out of a KGSS that I felt I really had to make the jump for one.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back