Keyboard-Fi
Oct 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #1,381 of 2,074
So, I'm typing on a Happy Hacking Lite 2 and I despise it. Horribly stiff softdome and a goofy layout. I much prefer my old dell by a long shot. The only thing I like is the small size.

Oct 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,383 of 2,074
  You had to know what you were getting into with the layout when you bought it :p 

Almost as bad as the G84 layout 
tongue.gif
 that's compact keys for ya!

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #1,384 of 2,074
  So, I'm typing on a Happy Hacking Lite 2 and I despise it. Horribly stiff softdome and a goofy layout. I much prefer my old dell by a long shot. The only thing I like is the small size.

I will note that the lite is said to be kinda bad even as far as domes go. It is of course reflective in no way of the pro.

Never tried topre myself, so I can't say if the pro is any good from experience. Mostly since there isn't a topre ergo board that fits my requirements.

Also hi Chris, this is Mitchell.

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #1,385 of 2,074
  You had to know what you were getting into with the layout when you bought it :p 

Luckily I am just borrowing it :) A friend found it for 3 bucks.

I will note that the lite is said to be kinda bad even as far as domes go. It is of course reflective in no way of the pro.

Never tried topre myself, so I can't say if the pro is any good from experience. Mostly since there isn't a topre ergo board that fits my requirements.

Also hi Chris, this is Mitchell.

It's definitely bad even for a soft dome. I can't believe how stiff it is, and I'm a heavy-handed typist to say the least.

Most keyboards will not really hold me back, I can usually even do decent on a netbook.. but, this keyboard just pisses me off to no end and completely tanks my wpm and accuracy. I had to unplug it.

Hello Mitchell :) What is your daily driver keyboard these days? 

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,386 of 2,074
  Luckily I am just borrowing it :) A friend found it for 3 bucks.

It's definitely bad even for a soft dome. I can't believe how stiff it is, and I'm a heavy-handed typist to say the least.

Most keyboards will not really hold me back, I can usually even do decent on a netbook.. but, this keyboard just pisses me off to no end and completely tanks my wpm and accuracy. I had to unplug it.

Hello Mitchell :) What is your daily driver keyboard these days? 

Ah, Dave's hhkb I suppose.
Using my ErgoDox pretty much exclusively now. The layout is too good to throw standard keyboards in the rotation.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,387 of 2,074
How is the ergo dox?
It seemed interesting but as a gamer it didn't seem all too worthwhile for me.
Had the ducky 9008g2 pro but didn't enjoy brown switches as much.
Currently using the cm quickfire TKL blue switch and I'm enjoying it a lot due to the size.
I was hoping the new ducky shine 3 would have a TKL counterpart

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #1,388 of 2,074
I would say that the ErgoDox isn't bad for gaming at all, especially for FPS. It works because the advertised 20 programmable layers can be used to configure layouts for specific games. Obviously some games may need more intensive key remapping than others, but one half of the ErgoDox should be enough for most games. Also, since you're only using one half of the ErgoDox for gaming you can push the other half off to the side (Only to be used when typing in game) so then you can have your hands ridiculously close together while playing. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #1,389 of 2,074
Good to see others here on head-fi who appreciate good keyboards.

I'm currently using the Leopold FC700r and love it - the heavier PBT caps make a nice difference to me compared to normal caps.

Anyone else here enjoy PBT caps?

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #1,390 of 2,074
Good to see others here on head-fi who appreciate good keyboards.

I'm currently using the Leopold FC700r and love it - the heavier PBT caps make a nice difference to me compared to normal caps.

Anyone else here enjoy PBT caps?

Thick PBT all the way baby!  Though I do have one board with some cherry doubleshots that's nice too, I do prefer the texture and durability of PBT.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back