Keyboard-Fi
Mar 17, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,670 of 2,079
  Made in the U.S.A. IBM 1988 Model M Mechanical Keyboard. Good condition. Enter key on the number pad needs to be replaced, it came cracked. The F7 cap key is missing. Other than that it is a tank beast. Amount of typing and gaming I've done on this and how it holds up is just ecstatic. WASDF Shift and Ctrl keys gets used the most by gaming. It's a little dirty.

Hey! I got a IBM 1987 Model M!  Buckling springs are the best! (I do have a das Keyboard w/ browns at work as well)

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #1,673 of 2,079

Haha, I do have a set of black and a set of white keys if I'm ever not in a colorful mood. 

Haha, I figure this sums up my taste in keyboards (and my taste in general).

Btw, what do you guys have as far as wrist wrests (if anything)?

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,675 of 2,079
  I just got that one too from our friends at Massdrop. Just moved in so a little sparse but here's my WASD at work:

My first set of Browns. Liking them.

Assuming you're talking about the Poker, I also got mine from Massdrop.  Love that place, all though it's killing my wallet.  I've also decided that Blues are vastly superior to Browns, but I still appreciate the browns.  They're a great way to make the transition from rubber dome / chiclet to mechanical without it being too foreign (although for some people that have tried my keyboard with browns, it wasn't a radical enough change to be noticeable for them).

EDIT:  Looking back, I'm pretty sure you're talking about the wrist wrest.  Same holds true, though.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #1,676 of 2,079
I was indeed referring to the Poker II I got from Massdrop.  I got Browns on the Poker II and also on the WASD keyboard pictured. At home I clack away on Greens. Recently killed a Quickfire Stealth with a full cup of coffee. Cream and sugar included. Not a good morning.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,677 of 2,079
  I was indeed referring to the Poker II I got from Massdrop.  I got Browns on the Poker II and also on the WASD keyboard pictured. At home I clack away on Greens. Recently killed a Quickfire Stealth with a full cup of coffee. Cream and sugar included. Not a good morning.

Ouch.  Always a shame when liquids let out the blue smoke.

I'm thinking about ripping out the browns in my ergodox and replacing them with blues for the majority of the keys and greens for the double length keys in the thumb clusters.  Not sure if I'd like the weight of the greens for all the keys (when I switched to blues from browns, the added weight actually made my fingers a bit sore) but I like a nice stiff spacebar, so replacing them in the thumb cluster sounds absolutely perfect for me.  Might try some reds for the modifier keys that I have on the outsides of the board as well. 

Too many variable, too little time.

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #1,678 of 2,079
Keyboards are strangely fun. Enjoying this little niche. Didn't really get it at first but now much more discerning. A couple weeks ago I started a new job. I was supplied a Logitech keyboard and I could not stand typing on it. It was awful! Wouldn't even have given it second thought a year ago but now I find it totally unacceptable! Even like changing out key caps. Looking at keyboards all the time now. Eeeep!

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #1,679 of 2,079
I threw myself in headphones, much like I did with keyboards, and have built up a nice collection of both keyboards and cans. I started on keyboards late 2011, early 2012, and have amassed about 30 keyboards from a Lexmark Model M (circa 1993) to few Topre keyboards (two HHKB 2's, a Leopold FC660C, a RF Type Heaven and a RF 103UB 55G, two Novatouch) to various MX keyboards mainly from Ducky, but do have four Vortex, a Kul ES-87, CoolerMaster amd such. I'm into heavier/stiffer switch types like MX Clear, White, Green and Black.....I've stopped buying keyboards except when there's a special or limited edition keyboard that strikes my fancy. Recently bought a Ducky Mini YoTH

and Ducky Shine 4 69 Fire Edition keyboards......6 LED effects (IIRC) and 9 different switch types, in one board!

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #1,680 of 2,079
  I threw myself in headphones, much like I did with keyboards, and have built up a nice collection of both keyboards and cans. I started on keyboards late 2011, early 2012, and have amassed about 30 keyboards from a Lexmark Model M (circa 1993) to few Topre keyboards (two HHKB 2's, a Leopold FC660C, a RF Type Heaven and a RF 103UB 55G, two Novatouch) to various MX keyboards mainly from Ducky, but do have four Vortex, a Kul ES-87, CoolerMaster amd such. I'm into heavier/stiffer switch types like MX Clear, White, Green and Black.....I've stopped buying keyboards except when there's a special or limited edition keyboard that strikes my fancy. Recently bought a Ducky Mini YoTH

and Ducky Shine 4 69 Fire Edition keyboards......6 LED effects (IIRC) and 9 different switch types, in one board!

Good lord, how rich are you? Or perhaps a better question is: how not rich are you, after buying all that?:O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back