Keyboard-Fi
Nov 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,428 of 2,075
Anyone know where I can get a dust cover + carrying case for the realforce?
Elite keyboards has a dust cover that fits and doesn't seem so bad, it's just hard to search since I keep getting results for piano keyboards

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,430 of 2,075
Anyone know where I can get a dust cover + carrying case for the realforce?
Elite keyboards has a dust cover that fits and doesn't seem so bad, it's just hard to search since I keep getting results for piano keyboards

TKL?  I recall they *used* to carry a TKL carry case made by Leopold, but it hasn't been available on their site for a little while now.  You may have luck if you search for a carry case with similar dimensions as the board - I've seen a few people use aluminum poker chip cases where they take out the bottom tray and just add a layer of foam in.  Seems to work pretty well and may even be less expensive and definitely more durable than a nylon case.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #1,432 of 2,075
I need a recommendation on switches. I'm not sure what colour to get.

I do a fair bit of typing/coding, but love playing games, particularly FPS and dota. I've had a bit of a bash on the cherry reds, but missed the 'clicky' feel. Is the 'clicky' feel bad for gaming?

I'm looking at the Corsair Vengeance K70. I'm pretty keen on having media keys.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #1,433 of 2,075
I need a recommendation on switches. I'm not sure what colour to get.

I do a fair bit of typing/coding, but love playing games, particularly FPS and dota. I've had a bit of a bash on the cherry reds, but missed the 'clicky' feel. Is the 'clicky' feel bad for gaming?

I'm looking at the Corsair Vengeance K70. I'm pretty keen on having media keys.

It's a personal thing.

There tends to be a maximum two sounds with cherry switches, the bottoming out sound, and if you use blues/greens the click of the switch itself near the actuation.

Since you've tried reds and are missing the click then I would recommend trying blues/greens (blues are more common). Some people say they are bad for gaming, due to the click and the actuation point not actually being the same, so in theory you can press downm, lift up a bit and press down again re-actuating without it clicking again which you may not like.

I'm currently using blues for gaming with no issues :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #1,434 of 2,075
It's a personal thing.

There tends to be a maximum two sounds with cherry switches, the bottoming out sound, and if you use blues/greens the click of the switch itself near the actuation.

Since you've tried reds and are missing the click then I would recommend trying blues/greens (blues are more common). Some people say they are bad for gaming, due to the click and the actuation point not actually being the same, so in theory you can press downm, lift up a bit and press down again re-actuating without it clicking again which you may not like.

I'm currently using blues for gaming with no issues
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll have to try them out sometime. The blues can't be that bad for games given Razer makes gaming keyboards with them? 

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #1,435 of 2,075
  I'll have to try them out sometime. The blues can't be that bad for games given Razer makes gaming keyboards with them? 

Pfft Razer.

Most big mech kb companies make keyboards with the 3 most popular Cherry switches - blue, red, brown.

Blue activates slightly away from the click and it's not as easy to double tap, so if you feel that may be a problem with FPS (shouldn't affect dota at all) then you can go with brown - middle ground.

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #1,436 of 2,075
I have no problem with playing FPS with blue switches. I prefer it for typing as well. As for my roommates... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back