Kevin Gilmore's Dynahi boards group buy #2
Nov 11, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #72 of 342
At this point we have confirmed orders for 174 boards
Tentative requests for another 102 boards.
And another tentative request for 2 after that.
That makes the total (SO FAR) 278 boards.

Prices are based on a two week fab time.
Current confirmed pricing information suggests a per unit cost of $2.42 each
(this does not include shipping from the vendor)

I think it's fair to say this is a sweet deal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now having said all of this there is one thing that is not clear to me YET and that is weather the discount had been applied or not (terms indicate credit pending) I am assuming it is but thought it wise for me to ask them.
I will have more accurate information as soon as I get an answer about that question.

The "ordering phase" for this group buy will close Friday November 26, 2004. Any requests for boards submitted after this date will not be honored

Nov 11, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #73 of 342
I'd go with a limit to the number of people ordering, up to a stress level you can handle. I would think packing 50 boxes with anything up to 20 boards by the looks of things would be a nuisance (bad enough with 25 little USB boards
smily_headphones1.gif
that said, I do include components off reels with them)

g

Nov 11, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #74 of 342
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
That makes the total (SO FAR) 278 boards.
Prices are based on a two feek fab time.
Current estimated pricing information suggests a per unit cost of $3.67 each (this does not include shipping from the vendor)

For 174 boards the final unit cost (shipping not incl.) was $4.22 each. 278 boards for $3.67 each sounds like their normal reduction of the unit price with the more boards you order. Looks like their online system doesn't know about the 2nd order discount transfer, it's thinking you are a first customer with no 2nd order discount.

Try placing a dummy number of boards == 174, if you get final cost per board == $4.22, then the discount is not included for sure. To estimate the real cost with the discount included, substract $350 from the total cost they are giving you now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back