kernel streaming with foobar?
Apr 11, 2006 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Daryn Alexander

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm new to the foobar thing and am trying to make the most out of it. I am running the 0.9 version of it and have my computer audio setup running through the Corda Aria USB DAC/Amp. Whenever I try to select the output to "USB Audio Device (KS)" it says it can't play the file even though I have the newest version of the kernel streaming plugin off the foobar site. When I switch the output to "USB Audio DAC" it plays, but I am assuming it's going through whatever mixer Windows has in place.

I basically need to know how to get around this, or if I am already and am just being paranoid. Is there any other way to bypass it?

Thanks,

Daryn

Apr 12, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 5
I have the Aria, and have the same problem. Changing to 24 or 32 bits doesn't help. In fact, I haven't found anything that works.

I came to the conclusion that the Aria drivers simply didn't facilitate kernel streaming. But...

There was another thread recently about somebody using an M-Audio transit having this problem. But when he used v0.8.3, he could get the kernel streaming working (meaning that the M-Audio Transit drivers can accept kernel streaming, which means that kernel streaming CAN work on v0.9). This makes me worry that it's something else that might be screweing things up while using the Aria.

Chad

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 5
I switched back to Winamp for the time being because foobar with Asio4all tends to crash a lot.

I recently got a new computer and so installed the new foobar2000 and am very disappointed that most of my old plugins don;t work with the new one. What's the point without command line encoder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back