Kernal streaming in Foobar question...
Oct 17, 2005 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kurt_fire

100+ Head-Fier
I think I have set everything up right in Foobar to output Kernel Streaming, but I'm having the following problem.

It seems like everytime I check in the playback options, the menu "output data format" never stays as 24bit fixed-point padded to 32bit. There usually is nothing selected in this drop-down box. Why is it doing this? And yes I am saving it everytime I fix it but it never stays.

By the way, what exactly does 24bit fixed-point padded to 32bit mean? Is that best sounding option from that list?

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Its normal. It uses it even it shows "empty".

About that other question of yours, i dont want to answer that
icon10.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Also, I've seen screenshots of people with Foobar it it looks awesome. How do people adjust the colors, columns, size, shape, ETC of Foobar? Also, how can I make it show album art of the CD or music files it is playing?

Here's a screenshot of my drab Foobar --> http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5673/foobar8id.jpg

Oct 17, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 4
An Empty box is normal for "experimental" options. As for 24bits padded to 32bits. That means that sound is sent as 24bits, but your computer's CPU processes in 32bits chunks. So foobar adds on the extra 8bits of filler, which could be all zeros or something like that.

To make foobar pretty you need a plug in called foo_ui_columns. Look at the hydrogen forums for more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back