Kenwood Players and KMA?
Feb 1, 2007 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

3X0

Headphoneus Supremus
I was reading up about how even the latest iteration of Kenwood players come bundled with some Kenwood Media Application. In a review of the HD20GA9, it was said that a PC could recognize the Kenwood player as a disk drive, but like the iPod or Toshiba Gigabeat, drag-and-drop files are not instantly recognized.

This could be a problem for me as I'm really interested in a HD30GB9, but use Linux. I suppose I could try using Wine with it, but I don't want to take the (fairly high) chance of it not working (and thereby end up wasting $500, if only for a while). This is pretty much a deal-breaker.

So, for the HD10 and HD30, is the KMA still absolutely necessary to transfer files and play them back on the device?

If so, no biggie, guess I'll get a new portable amp then.

Feb 9, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was reading up about how even the latest iteration of Kenwood players come bundled with some Kenwood Media Application. In a review of the HD20GA9, it was said that a PC could recognize the Kenwood player as a disk drive, but like the iPod or Toshiba Gigabeat, drag-and-drop files are not instantly recognized.

This could be a problem for me as I'm really interested in a HD30GB9, but use Linux. I suppose I could try using Wine with it, but I don't want to take the (fairly high) chance of it not working (and thereby end up wasting $500, if only for a while). This is pretty much a deal-breaker.

So, for the HD10 and HD30, is the KMA still absolutely necessary to transfer files and play them back on the device?

If so, no biggie, guess I'll get a new portable amp then.

My uncle is gonna fly to japan in 1 week and i'm also really interested in the HD30GB9. I've been searching for infos about the menus and the software's language... Do you know if there is English available ? i didn't find anything about it
frown.gif

I prefere to be sure about this before buying it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back