htotsuka

100+ Head-Fier
HD60GD9 is very good source in Japan.
I would like know your opnion abou HD60GD9,
and appreciate portable amp and IEM.

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 3
I own a HD60GD9.

Okay, I am going to be quite honest.

1. It has AMAZING sound quality. I want to say very realistic delivery of music and sound. Well, i guess its sound quality is already very well known.

2. The manual only comes in Japanese, at least mine did. So, it's not so comfortable per sei.

3. You HAVE TO use Kenwood Media Application program in order to put the music to the device. It's not so fast, if you know what I mean.

4. and the device is purely for the purpose of listening music, so it does not have any other function.

All the things that I said bad about HD60GD9 go away, after you listen to the sound that the device gives you. It's really good that I am using it despite quite of inconveniency.

I have not used an amp on the HD60GD9, I do have Fiio5, it definitely gives more power to it, not really changing the sound. For the portability, I definitely recomand Fiio5 with it. I have a PA2V2 on the way, so I will let you know how it does with HD60GD9.
For IEM, I own Bijou 2 and SCL4, I liked the SCL4 better between th two, but you have to look at the price difference between the two since SCL4 is almost twice as expensive as Bijou2. Both of them have real nice bass, but over all balance SCL4 is much better.

I hope it helped you.
Well, if you do end up getting it and having some problem with it. Shoot me an PM. I will let you know what to do, I think I am quite used to the device. lol

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 3
i own hd30gb9 and the sound quality is amazing like doctordk207 said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back